Creative agency UXUS is looking for a graphic designer to join its team in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
UXUS is a leading global strategic design consultancy delivering innovative consumer experiences for top multi-national brands.
UXUS specialises in retail, hospitality, packaging and branding design.
Clients include Chanel, Donna Karan, Qatar Luxury Group, Bloomingdales, Selfridges, John Lewis, Tate Modern, P&G, Absolut, Heineken, McDonald’s and many other valued clients.
We have an entrepreneurial team environment, where individuals’ innovative ideas and initiative are rewarded.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated full-time experienced graphic designer.
The principle responsibilities of this position will include the ideation and creation of environmental graphic design for interiors (and architecture), including branded assets, way finding, signage, information and storytelling – for corporate, retail and hospitality clients.
Candidates need to show robust knowledge of how to develop graphic brand identities into 3D environments and/or objects, and demonstrate knowledge of three-dimensional thinking in terms of interior applications and fabrication techniques. An understanding of location strategies for placing environmental graphics within a built environment is also expected.
Other tasks might involve creation of logos, printed collateral, direct mail templates, webpage design, product packaging and POS displays.
On a typical project you will be asked to develop visual concepts and designs that reflect the business and creative requirements from a strategy or brief.
The job will also include assisting in the development of creative strategies for specific projects, as well as managing other designers to complete production and print, websites, multimedia works.
Experience working in agencies specialising in branding, exhibition design and/or retail marketing is a big plus.
- creation of original graphic/multimedia concepts related to an existing or new brand identity
- creation of environmental interior graphics, typically to represent a brand identity and/or sense of place
- creation of vector and raster graphics for web, multimedia and print
- development of branding and adaptation manuals and principles to maintain consistent look and feel
- pre-press print management
- general fabrication specifications
Graphic, marketing and related degree or self taught who have achieved a high level of design welcome. Must have a unique a personal point of view to their work, as well as a demonstrated ability to fulfil a commercial brief.
- three plus years of corporate style graphic design experience
- unique and personal graphic vision
- strong background in environmental graphic design
- ability to accurately translate business requirements into marketing oriented creative design
- strong oral communication skills/ability to communicate with clients, vendors, partners and staff
- ability to collaborate with a team or work autonomously
- thoroughness and highly detail minded
- proficient in at least; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- must have a valid EU work permit
- Macromedia Flash
- print design with print pre-press experience
- marketing strategy experience
- project management
- team management
- business process improvement experience
- fluent in English verbal and written, other languages a plus
- ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is preferred
- polished, articulate, assertive, self-motivated enthusiastic individual
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high number of applications received on a daily basis we are unable to respond to all enquiries. We will however keep your CV on file and contact you if another position becomes available we think you may be suitable for.
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs