Communication design studio four23 is looking for a junior designer to work in London.
four23 is a communication design studio that uses digital innovation, design thinking and social intelligence to help our clients communicate with purpose and clarity in the connected world. We bring creativity, insight, strategy and craftsmanship to deliver a diverse range of creative projects for clients.
We have gone the #extramile at the world’s largest fundraising event, #conqueredtheroad at the Tour de France, shot film with Kevin Spacey at the Old Vic, engineered a touring sustainability museum with the Prince’s Trust, celebrated Originality across London with adidas, photographed Lionel Messi at the Barcelona Olympic Stadium, designed an icon for the iconic Mo Farah, cloaked Covent Garden in a 3D projection for Oakley, choreographed an Olympic launch event at the Design Museum on the banks of the Thames, crafted the trophy for the winner of Prince Harry’s Antarctic endeavor and helped define the meaning of the Original Modern City with designer Peter Saville, to name just a few.
This is a role for an enthusiastic, graphic designer who is keen to learn and develop with us.
While you must have very good technical graphic design skills, you’ll also be asked to sketch up ideas, find references, research and present back ideas. It’s not all tied to a computer and definitely not tied to a software package.
You will be providing support across the board and will work on projects from digital builds to interiors and print layout.
- a very good level of technical skills and a thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- excellent reference points and an eclectic set of bookmarks from film and animation through to architecture, graphic design, photography and all things digital
- able to support the design team through careful art working; put together an impressive presentation for a pitch and have a good eye for layouts
- an ever-expanding knowledge of print, digital and moving image processes and techniques, and a flair for suggesting innovative approaches
- a drive to learn wireframing and UX design are an absolute must
- a minimum of 18 months in a similar creative role within an agency environment
- boundless creativity, not defined by graphic design only
- able and willing to sketch out ideas using pen and paper
- able to liaise with the production teams to ensure creative concepts are delivered to an exceptional standard with an eye on the commerciality of the business and budget
You’ll also need to:
- be highly organised, remain calm under pressure and be able to manage your own time
- be aware of the overall delivery requirements of the studio, and communicate project updates regularly and with clarity
- demonstrate you value others’ input and expertise and are keen to learn
- thrive working collaboratively, build great relationships within our network and really enjoy the creative process
- be comfortable presenting your ideas in a confident, assured manner
Hours of work:
9:30am to 6pm, five days a week
(Please be aware that out of hours working is required if the project demands)
25 days per annum
Please indicate your salary expectations
Please send a CV and covering letter plus 500 words on ‘why you and us’ to:
Empty Desk – Junior Designer
4 Berry Street
(Please use Junior Designer Role in your email title and note on your application where you saw this post advertised.)
Application deadline: 14 July 2014
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs