Dezeen is looking for a talented, ambitious, experienced news and features editor to help us with the next phase of our editorial development, based in London.
News and features editor
As an award-winning online magazine, we are now looking to expand and enhance our news and features output. We want our coverage of international architecture and design to set the agenda and we need an outstanding individual to lead the change.
Working with our hardworking, talented editorial team, and reporting to the editor-in-chief, the chosen candidate will help us ensure we have the most authoritative, most talked-about and fastest news and news-driven features in our sector.
We want a creative individual capable of coming up with eye-catching editorial initiatives, pulling off major scoops, securing big-name interviews and helping us win prestigious awards.
As an ambitious, fast-growing and highly entrepreneurial company, we’re looking for someone who is buzzing with great ideas for new editorial services and products.
This is a senior position and the ideal candidate will be a fast, accurate worker with the following skills:
- at least five years journalistic experience on a print or web publication
- strong interpersonal and management skills and proven ability to lead a team
- finely attuned news sense and first-rate writing and proof-reading skills
- creative thinker with tons of ideas for agenda-setting, news-driven features
- intuitive understanding of online journalism and its future
- good grasp of media law
- excellent grasp of the international architecture and design scenes, with extensive contacts
- awareness of Dezeen’s editorial and brand values and a strong vision of how he or she can help develop both
Suitable candidates should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘News and features editor’ in the subject line:
- selection of cuttings or links to relevant articles (maximum three of either)
- ideas for two off-diary news stories and two news features
- covering note saying why they think they’re right for the job
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The position is based at Dezeen’s offices in north London.
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs