Marcel Wanders is recruiting for a product designer for its team based in Amsterdam.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Marcel Wanders is an internationally renowned designer based in the spirited Dutch capital, Amsterdam. Together with our talented international team of over 45 specialists, we realise exciting projects for premium brands and private clients around the globe.
Our mission is to ‘create an environment of love, live with passion, and make our most exciting dreams come true’. Our thriving, inspiring studio space is located in the heart of the creative Jordaan district.
Sound like the kind of place you’d love to be? Well read on, because we’re currently looking for a talented product designer.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- responsible for realising the designs of Marcel Wanders
- management of clients and suppliers
- research, concept development, hand sketch, 2D and 3D technical specifications, renderings and presentations
- follow a wide scope of projects including furniture, lighting, product, cosmetic and packaging design
- taking a concept from a sketch to 3D model and through to final technical drawings ready for manufacturing
Requirements and experience:
- at least a Bachelors degree at a renowned design academy
- seven plus years of relevant experience as product designer
- project leader experience
- literacy of Solidworks and/or Rhinoceros is a must, literacy of Adobe series, 3D Studio Max is highly appreciated
- excellent understanding of manufacturing techniques
- superior conceptual approach to styling, colors and materials
- good feel for marketing and consumer behavior
- reliable, professional and experienced with customer contacts
- organised and efficient
- experienced in designer/people management
- need to know and feel comfortable with all product design stages
- experienced with prototype supervision
- living in Amsterdam or willingness to re-locate to Amsterdam
- fluent in English; Italian is appreciated
- European working visa
Please send your portfolio, application letter and resume in English to email@example.com before 28 February 2014. For more information please contact Jennifer Wiebers at +31 (0)202620185. Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated
Application deadline: 28 February 2014
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs