Creative agency UXUS is looking for a retail designer to join its team in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
UXUS is a leading global strategic design consultancy delivering innovative consumer experiences for top multi-national brands.
UXUS specialises in retail, hospitality, packaging and branding design.
Clients include, Chanel, Donna Karan, Qatar Luxury Group, Bloomingdales, Selfridges, John Lewis, Tate Modern, P&G, Absolut, Heineken, McDonald’s and many other valued clients.
We have an entrepreneurial team environment, where individuals’ innovative ideas and initiative are rewarded.
Design agency UXUS is looking for a retail designer to join its Amsterdam office.
The principle responsibilities of this position are to design retail environments, understanding VM needs and the customer journey at all touch points. This will also include technical/detailing skills, and specification of FF&E, colours and materials.
- collaborate on commercial retail projects, concept design, schematic design, and design development
- design custom fixtures, details and lighting layout
- produce finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
- three to five years experience in retail sector, through all building phases
- advanced knowledge of retail best practices, including VM, customer touch points and campaigns
- high design and strategic thinking skills
- experience in designing fixturing, specifying FF&E, materials and colours
- fluent in English, other languages a plus
- experience working on international projects
- experience leading a team of designers
- must have a valid EU work permit
- fluent in AutoCAD
- fluent in 3D modeling skills, ideally 3D Studio Max and/or Rhino
- experience using both metric and imperial (US/UK) measurements a plus
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the high number of applications received on a daily basis we are unable to respond to all enquiries. We will however keep your CV on file and contact you if another position becomes available we think you may be suitable for.
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs