Creative agency UXUS seeks a technician/draftsman to work in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
UXUS is a leading global strategic design consultancy delivering innovative consumer experiences for top multi-national brands.
UXUS specialises in retail, hospitality, packaging and branding design.
Clients include, Chanel, Donna Karan, Qatar Luxury Group, Bloomingdales, Selfridges, John Lewis, Tate Modern, P&G, Absolut, Heineken, McDonald’s and many other valued clients.
We have an entrepreneurial team environment, where individuals’ innovative ideas and initiative are rewarded.
Design agency UXUS is looking for a technician / draftsman to join its Amsterdam office.
The principle responsibility of this position is to work alongside and support the architectural team to design built environments, exteriors and interiors. This includes working on various scale projects that use architectural principles and technical/detailing skills.
Depending on the project, the scope of work may range from initial concept to various phases including: schematic design, design development and construction documents (sometimes including bidding and construction follow up support to the project management team).
The candidate should have good design skills and understand construction principles, with a focus on interior detailing. Experience in the retail and/or restaurant/hospitality sector is required, including fixture design and prototyping as well as experience in designing floor plans, custom furniture, specifying FF&E, materials and colours.
- architectural Degree
- two to four years experience, in preparing retail/interior project drawings
- high technical skills with attention to detail
- strong internet and computer skills
- fluent in English, verbal and written and other languages a plus
- experience working on international projects
- experience working and supporting a team of designers
- experience in retail and/or restaurant/hospitality sector
- enthusiastic and comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is required
- articulate, assertive, self-motivated enthusiastic individual
- no nine to five mentality
- must have a valid EU work permit
- fluent in AutoCAD
- strong evidence in the CV of technical detailing
- 3D prototyping, using different materials
- experience using both metric and imperial (US/UK) measurements
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high number of applications received on a daily basis we are unable to respond to all enquiries. We will however keep your CV on file and contact you if another position becomes available we think you may be suitable for.
Application deadline: December 2014
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs