The Hickson Design Partnership is hiring a mid-weight interior designer to join its team in Milan.
THDP, an award-winning, international interior design studio for hospitality, has a fantastic opportunity for a mid-weight interior designer with architectural background to join its studio in Milan under the direction of architect Manuela Mannino.
You would have successfully worked on complete projects for a minimum period of three years and preferably more, demonstrating your proven skills at delivering international quality design work.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills and responsibilities
- ability to work in/manage hospitality projects
- produce conceptual designs for new projects
- superior knowledge of FF&E selection for luxury hospitality
- great AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and SketchUp skills are essential requirements
- ability to manage your time and the workflow of projects efficiently
- experience dealing with suppliers and contractors
- fully competent in producing detailed FF&E specifications, control books with costings, materials, finishes, and sanitary and all aspects of luxury hospitality
- excellent communication skills including English (IELTS) and Italian (native or B1)
- exceptional attention to detail
- self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- working within a team environment on large hotel projects efficiently and effectively
- being creative, precise, and consistent
- creating great concept designs, developing these designs, and preparing documentation for client review
- specifying FF&E and preparing mood and sample boards
- preparing control books and schedules
- assisting junior designers where necessary
- the skill to visualise concepts and explain and direct them to others
- developing detailed designs and choosing materials appropriate to the brief and handing such to other designers