Arup Architecture is seeking a Part 2 graduate architect to become part of its London-based team.
We are the architectural practice within the international consulting engineering group Arup – established by Ove Arup in London in 1963 as Arup Associates, we rebranded as Arup in April 2018 marking the expansion to for a global practice with teams in Europe, the Americas, Australasia and East Asia. We work closely with Arup’s unparalleled range of experts in the built environment. Our aim is technologically advanced design that is simple, purposeful efficient and beautiful, and sensitive to environmental and human needs in line with Ove Arup’s vision for ‘Total Architecture’.
You will work within the project teams as an architectural graduate. Projects will vary in duration which helps to provide a diverse working environment.
This is a varied role, and your day-to-day responsibilities could include the following:
- assisting with design work
- preparation of drawings and models
- assisting with preparation of bids, and the delivery of presentations as your experience develops
- planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
- ensure compliance with health and safety and other regulations
- professional degree and diploma in architecture, (RIBA Part 2) or equivalent at 2.1 or higher
- strong conceptual and design talent
- fundamental understanding of the design process and ability to translate great architecture into a great building
- Revit, AutoCAD, 3ds Max, Rhino, and Adobe Suite skills an advantage
- ability to maintain organized and accurate project records
- ability to operate in a dynamic and changing environment
- fluency in English, other languages an advantage
- confidence in working in a challenging, complex and international environment
- good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
Reward and benefits:
- we offer a competitive salary
- profit share scheme
- a comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- an interesting and varied workload
- opportunities for short and long term global mobility
- a supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
In order to be considered for the position you will be required to upload a portfolio or examples of your work.
Are you a recent graduate, or are you graduating within the next 12 months? Do you have less than two years’ relevant work experience (excluding placements) since graduation? Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below.
We currently have positions available in London.
Our week-long graduate welcome event will take place in September 2019. Whilst on occasion we may be flexible with our start dates, we would ask that the successful candidates join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.