MAD Architects is looking for a senior project architect to join its team in Beijing, China.
About MAD Architects
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers. We are dedicated to impact the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us, and from there we develop visionary, fluid, and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome. Our projects range from large-scale urban developments and masterplan to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale. We endeavour to improve the balance between people, their built environment, and their natural surroundings.
For our growing Beijing office, we are looking for talents of all levels of experience to join our teams on ambitious medium to large scale projects. As an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD.
- you will be leading the design, architectural and technical aspects as well as the overall project management through the entire design process from concept to constructed reality
- you will develop, represent and communicate your projects internally and externally
- you will show clarity, design sensitivity, and a sound understanding of technical feasibility, and build strong connections with clients and collaborators
- you will impart your design standards as well as your technical and practical experience to your team, and inspire, coach and mentor them
- you will be offered the opportunity to take on a key role in the design and project development within MAD
Your key skills:
- you are a globally-minded individual with a proactive, positive attitude. You have an excellent academic background (BArch/MArch Degree or equivalent required)
- you have worked for at least ten years in-depth, post-qualification leading international architecture firms, and have succeeded as a project architect/project manager on a series of complex large-scale mixed-use, cultural, civic and hospitality projects through all stages of design to construction
- you are able to manage multi-disciplinary internal and external teams
- you combine strong aesthetic design sensitivity with a thorough technical and managerial knowledge and are a clear and precise communicator
- you bring extensive expertise in construction drawing and detailing, are well versed in building systems and materials, and demonstrate a profound knowledge of practice and industry standards and codes
- you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy the responsibility of efficiently managing a team through leadership and motivation, and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- you are skilled in AutoCAD and possess working knowledge of Rhino, ideally also of Maya
- you are fluent in English, with business level Mandarin and other business level language skills a plus
MAD gives you the opportunity to challenge and develop yourself creatively and technically within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating environment. We offer long-term prospects to advance your career within our worldwide design network. Salaries and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
If working with us in the capacities described above excites you, please submit your resume and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 6MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!