HGA is looking for a project architect in arts, community and education to join its team in Santa Monica, USA.
HGA is an award-winning, interdisciplinary design firm with architects, engineers, planners, lighting designers, landscape architects, and interior designers working together to create holistic designs for healthcare, the arts, community, education, corporations, government and district/campus energy clients. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented project architect to join our arts, community and education (ACE) practice group, working out of our Los Angeles office on a variety of projects throughout the country.
- develops a thorough understanding of projects’ design philosophy and provides major input in developing a design and building performance strategy and effectively conveys this to assigned team members when appropriate
- provides technical design input. Responsible for a project’s technical design effort, subsequent detailed design development, project coordination and quality control efforts during all phases of project work, in close collaboration with senior designer
- seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documents to support these solutions
- demonstrates strong project team leadership skills with an interest in project management
- actively collaborates with and coordinates work of consultants and knowledge resources to ensure the project deliverables are coordinated, integrated and support the design concept and performance goals of the project
- contributes to the preparation of design documents and leads the detailed development of construction documents during all project phases, delivering complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation
- advances the production of schematic, design development and construction documents drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule, cost and design intent
- maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems. Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design
- performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations
- executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
- maintains contact with clients, consultants and contractors during all project phases, participating in marketing, client and owner presentations as required
- bachelor’s degree strongly desired
- architectural registration preferred
- eight to ten years’ experience on commercial mixed-use and ground-up construction preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
- knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, 3DS Max, SketchUp, and other industry accepted software as well as expertise with project management software and Microsoft Office Suite products is needed
- exceptional interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly with team members and clients
- demonstrated ability to oversee and be responsible for project delivery which may be multiple, large or complex in scope.
Please submit your resume and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.