Soho House is hiring a mid-level interior designer with private residential project experience to join its team in London.
Who we are
Soho House & Co is a collection of members’ clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
We opened our first House in London’s Soho in 1995. We now have 18 clubs around the world, with more in the works. Our houses are in diverse locations, but our mission has always been the same: to create a comfortable home from home for our members.
Soho House Design is looking for a passionate, hands-on, highly motivated, and creative, mid-level interior designer to join the team. This person will work within a team of in house designers on internal and external hospitality and residential projects.
Applicants should be familiar with the interior design process from design development, materials research and selection, through to procurement, production and installation.
Experience in hospitality design is a must.
- works closely with the senior designer assisting him/her during all phases of the design process from concept to handover
- creates, prepares and presents design concepts for the review of senior designer
- develops design drawings (bespoke furniture, lighting, joinery, layouts) and schedules for the review of senior designer
- prepares preliminary FF&E budgets for the review of senior designer
- ensures documents and presentations are filed in accordance to Soho House standards
- sources finishes, fixtures, furnishings, fabrics, lighting, hardware and accessories
- ensures regular reviews at key design stages with senior designer
- manages FF&E and sourcing to target budgets and timetable on a daily level
- assesses and manages prototype stages of bespoke pieces
- attends regular site visits at key stages
- assists FF&E install
- maintains sample library
- three+ years of experience in hospitality design, residential experience a plus
- bachelor’s degree in interior design
- experience in being part of a collaborative design environment
- knowledge of local and online showrooms and resources, industry trends
- thrives in a fast paced dynamic, creative environment
- product development a plus
- professional-level design software proficiency (AutoCAD)
- professional-level design software proficiency (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Revit knowledge a plus
Why work with us
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- discounts at Soho House globally, as well as Soho Home and Cowshed
- enhanced pension scheme
- private health and dental care
- cycle to work scheme/season ticket loan
- in conjunction with Soho impact, take two days paid a year to support a charity of your choice
- cookhouse and house tonic: our cookhouse and house tonic programmes offer unique food and drink trainings, events and opportunities to inspire and educate
- team events: from fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to
- Soho friends membership
For consideration and to complete your application, please submit a copy of your portfolio 8.5 x 11 PDF, no larger than 5MB, using the ‘apply’ link below.
We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for your interest in Soho House.