Monokoto is recruiting a senior industrial designer to join its London firm.
Freelance and full-time positions
Monokoto is a strategic design studio based in London and Copenhagen. We work with ambitious global clients across many sectors including consumer tech, audio/video, aerospace, healthcare and more. This gives us the opportunity to create exciting, groundbreaking designs that make a real difference to people.
Our design practice is holistic and bridges both physical and digital worlds.
Monokoto is looking for both freelance and full-time industrial designers to work on a diverse range of projects.
You’ll be working within our multi-disciplinary team, and will be collaborating with clients from all over the world.
You’ll be involved in the early concept stages of a brief, right through to delivery of highly detailed designs, specifications, prototypes and products. Client-facing experience is important as you’ll have frequent interactions with client-side design, technical and business teams. We value people who possess both a strategic and detail-focused mindset, who strive to find beautiful, simple solutions to complex problems.
You’ll be working in our blended multi-disciplinary studio in London. You will collaborate with clients from all over the world.
We value people who possess both a strategic and detail-focused mindset, who strive to find beautiful, simple solutions to complex problems.
Experience in transportation design, aviation, healthcare and/or consumer technology projects is desired but not required.
Your responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- industrial design – creating concepts, prototypes and detailed designs
- supplying documentation and detailed files for model makers and clients
- paper/foam/textile model making, product mockups
- conducting material, cultural, and design process research
- creation of mood boards and image research
- involvement in workshops, research and testing sessions
- contributing to the further development of the UX design process
- liaising with external suppliers
- activities may extend to any and all media types – print, digital and beyond
- mucking in with general studio tasks and activities
- many of our clients are international – air travel may be required
Your skills and attributes:
- freelance – five plus years of experience
- full-time – three plus years of experience
- fluent with 2D and 3D CAD design tools; Solidworks, Alias or Rhino and experience with Keyshot preferred
- sketching and illustration
- understanding of manufacturing methods, processes, materials
- diverse experience in product development
- passionate about solving problems and identifying opportunities to make things better for people
- the ability to think big whilst being detail-oriented and delivery focused
- an excellent communicator – verbally and visually
- happy to work collaboratively within a team and take sole ownership of a given task to drive projects forward
- methodical, systematic and structured in the way you work
- excellent design software skills and the ability to visualise/animate/prototype concepts at varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and test ideas – whatever tells the story the right way
- always eager to learn from others and share your knowledge
- comfortable working from early strategy phases of projects through concept brainstorming and idea development
Salary TBD based on applicant and experience.
How to apply
Include your portfolio and CV.
Write a brief description outlining your experience along with an available start date.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply for job’ button below.
No agencies or recruiters please.