Dezeen is looking for a talented writer to join its team in London to manage and edit Dezeen Events Guide.
Created by Dezeen, the world’s most popular and influential architecture and design magazine, Dezeen Events Guide is a listings guide to architecture and design events around the world. It contains all the key fairs, conferences, design weeks and biennales that take place each year.
We are looking for a talented and organised writer with a keen eye for detail and experience of producing accurate and engaging copy to run Dezeen Events Guide.
Reporting to our chief content officer, duties will include:
- identifying suitable events to be included in Dezeen Events Guide
- writing and editing event listings
- writing regular event update articles for Dezeen
- contributing regular articles about architecture and design to Dezeen
- assembling posts, including selecting and sizing images
- writing, scheduling and posting content on Dezeen Events Guide’s social media channels
- generating regular traffic reports for Dezeen Events Guide
- working with the classified sales team to negotiate and manage media partnership deals
- liaising with events around the world to develop long-term relationships
- working with the marketing team to promote Dezeen Events Guide
- coming up with creative ideas to grow the reach of the guide
Strong writing, copy editing and communication skills are essential.
The ideal candidate is meticulous with detail and is able to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment working to ambitious targets.
Experience of using WordPress and Adobe Photoshop would be highly desirable.
Previous editing experience would be an advantage, as would knowledge of the architecture and design industry, but not essential.
The position is based at Dezeen’s office in Hoxton, London, UK. However, due to the current coronavirus pandemic, the role will initially require a significant amount of remote working.
Dezeen is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff. We welcome applications for all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.
To apply, please submit your CV and a short cover note along with your salary expectations to Dezeen’s chief content officer Benedict Hobson using the ‘apply’ link below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regretfully will only respond to candidates selected for interview.