Spacelab has an opportunity for an interior designer to join its London office.
Spacelab; an award-winning architecture and design practice, are seeking an experienced interior designer to join us on a full time, permanent basis, to work on a range of varied and exciting projects.
Our London based practice has built a reputation over the past 15 years for being visionaries in the industry, creating spaces that empower people; making them feel good and able to be great. We collect and use data to analyse and reimagine how we can create spaces that are more effective, and can benefit the people that use them.
Visionary: always forward thinking.
Smart: incredible attention to detail, efficient with your time, and always keen to learn.
Real: confident, relatable and down to earth.
Dynamic: adaptable, fresh and creative, always.
Together: hands on, empathetic and committed to the needs of the team.
Preferred qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- interior design/architecture degree
- a minimum of two years’ professional experience
- good time management skills to meet multiple deadlines
- experience of FF&E selection, coordination and scheduling
- experience coordinating design with other consultants
- confident client handling and presentation skills
- experience in construction and bespoke detailing
- excellent communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- fluent in English – verbal and written
- experience using Revit
- proficient using Vectorworks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- a working knowledge of UK building systems, regulations and construction methods
- competitive salary based upon experience and merit
- progression, training and consistent career development opportunities, including your own personal development plan
- uncapped paid annual leave
- working daily in a vibrant, open, professional studio environment, situated just five minutes from Old Street Station
- collaborative style of working, with a young, diverse and dynamic team with a passion for contemporary cutting edge design
- a varied and exciting client list, including world-renowned media brands, public bodies and socially responsible housing associations
- sociable, friendly culture
- inclusive, none hierarchical family feel with regular ‘catch ups’ to discuss any company news
- focus on wellbeing with a cycle to work scheme and a range of team exercise classes and challenges
Spacelab is an equal opportunities employer.
If you’re interested, and think you would thrive in a fast paced and rewarding environment, please email your CV and a PDF portfolio, no more than 5MB, to [email protected], quoting ref: SL_ID08 along with a covering letter stating your salary expectations and availability.
Due to the large volume of applications expected we are unable to respond to all enquiries.
No agencies please.