Heatherwick Studio is looking for an architectural visualiser to join its team in London.
Heatherwick Studio is pleased to announce our selection together with KPF, by Changi Airport Group as the design leaders of the airport’s new Terminal 5.
We are currently looking for an architectural visualiser to join the Changi team.
You will be working with Changi team exclusively as a member of the project team. You will be reporting directly to project leader.
You will be proposing, defining and executing appropriate visualisation, graphic design and virtual reality deliverables to facilitate projects in communicating design intent with clarity and uniqueness, always ensuring the processes and outcomes are in-line with the studio visual standards and protocols.
You will be working closely with project enabling and digital systems to develop a suite of physical and digital visual communication tools for the project and shareable across the studio if required to ensure project delivery incorporating expert and relevant cutting-edge technologies.
1. Project visual communication:
- project visual strategy: facilitate the project team in developing a visual strategy at each stages, to ensure the core visual deliverables, languages and technological challenges are understood
- visual deliverables: participating in the project team’s strategy for the visual deliverables and workflows to ensure the team is engages with relevant tools for achieving the necessary quality and targets
- mentoring and training: educate and mentor project team on all topics of visual communication. Identify and implement relevant training and support needs, and facilitate the head of visual communication in developing appropriate training plans
- visual communication resources: ensure the project has appropriate level of visual communication skills to achieve the desired deliverables, and feedback any critical issues to the Project leader at appropriate times
2. Knowledge management:
- promote excellence in continuing professional development and ensure project leader(s) are familiar with emerging best practice to allow them to deliver technical excellence
- participate in learning activities, keep abreast of current technological developments and regularly attend internal studio talks and workshops
- share knowledge, experience and lessons learned across the team and the wider studio
3. Studio contribution:
- contribute proactively to wider studio projects and initiatives
- develop and maintain positive and professional relationships, internally and externally
- contribute to promoting the studio culture
- represent the values of the studio in internal and external activities
- develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with both internal and external teams
Your experience, skills and attributes:
- graduated with a degree in architecture or relevant discipline
- two years post RIBA Part-II or higher level professional experience, or equivalent, is essential
- competence and clarity in communicating ideas and architectural design narratives through physical and digital tools
- experience in design communication that considers project’s unique identity and value, as well as responding to client concerns and needs
- experience in integrative visual and graphics communication through effective use of physical and digital tools
- familiar with the range of computer rendering and animation software including their relative merits and processing techniques
- comprehensive knowledge of 3D software, rendering and Gaming engines, and experience in developing these tools to facilitate effective design communication and presentations
- good knowledge of Post Production Software – Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.
- demonstrable experience of interfacing with developers and have an extensive industry network and links with software developers and visualisation companies
- experience of inspiring and steering teams toward a desired outcome; effective team and people leadership and management
- experience of delivering training and supporting the development of others
- engaged, inquisitive and interested in innovative design projects
- empathy for great design, strong visual skills, with attention to detail, composition, light, colour and form
- clear and evocative design idea communication
- strategic and critical thinking
- resilient and determined
- analytical with a proactive approach to problem solving
- strong leadership skills, with an interest in nurturing and developing others
Please apply directly here. We look forward to hearing from you!
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and strategic thinking together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible.
Today a team of 200, we are involved in numerous extraordinary projects around the world.