Mid-weight interior designer
at Studio B
Studio B is seeking a mid-weight interior designer to join its team in Bristol, UK.
We are looking for a super talented, motivated, down to earth interior designer to join our studio in Bristol.
We are a small team specialising in commercial interiors and branding within the hospitality, education and leisure sector, working on projects across the UK. You should be driven, organised, highly creative, hold a vast knowledge of materials, be able to communicate with contractors and clients freely.
You must have a desire to develop new and unique concepts, not following trends and be able to work on projects as a team and alone.
- assisting in the creative vision alongside our clients and design team
- delivering and developing design work from concept to delivery
- be able to present design concepts and ideas with confidence
- liaising with consultants and suppliers
Knowledge and experience:
- proven experience working within commercial projects
- knowledge of space planning and concept development
- experience producing detailed drawings packages and schedules
- experience of working to UK statutory requirements
- good knowledge of joinery and construction detailing
- exceptional attention to detail
- excellent time management skills
- strong multi-tasking skills
- ability to source and specify FF&E
- working to budgets
- good knowledge of 2D and 3D software is essential (Vectorworks)
- a minimum of two years’ industry experience
- excellent rendering and/or sketching skills is an advantage
- ability to work to deadlines and multitask across various projects
- deep knowledge of FF&E, with a finger on the pulse of new and unusual launches
- working knowledge of InDesign
- early employment availability is an advantage
- all candidates should be eligible to work in the UK
- We are predominantly studio based with limited home working.
- demonstrate strong use of colour and sustainable material use throughout your portfolio is a big plus
- you’ll be working on exciting projects that are full of creative freedom
- we welcome individuals who can bring new ideas, skills and knowledge to our team and offer
- competitive salary negotiable on experience.
- two plus years’ experience is required
- please send your CV and portfolio in PDF format
- ability to interview in-person
As a small team, it may be difficult to respond to or interview all applicants, but thank you for considering Studio B as your next team.