JG Neukomm Architecture is hiring a junior architectural designer to join its team in New York.
JG Neukomm Architecture, PLLC is an award-winning New York City architecture and interior design studio recognized for high-end and luxury private residential, multi-residential, hospitality and commercial projects. Our mid-sized firm and diverse staff give studio members guidance and leadership opportunities with experience in all aspects of the many types of projects we are designing in New York City and beyond.
We currently seek a full-time junior architectural designer with two to four years of postgraduate professional experience. Applicants should possess exceptional demonstrated design talent, be self-driven and motivated and thrive in a collaborative environment.
The position will involve:
- working closely with the principal and senior staff on all project phases, from schematic design through construction administration
- engaging in design studies, digital modelling, product and material research
- understanding building codes, space and site considerations and client requirements to determine their impact on architectural designs
- coordinating with engineering and specialty consultants to integrate their work into unified architectural design solutions
- producing construction documents, including details and material specifications
Qualities of the ideal candidate will include:
- at least a bachelor’s degree in architecture, a master’s degree is preferred
- two to four years of full-time postgraduate experience
- experience or involvement in project management
- well-developed strategic and critical thinking abilities
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe, SketchUp, Rhino, V-Ray and Enscape
- excellent rendering and presentation skills
Our studio highly values a healthy, fun and collaborative work environment. To promote these values, we often sponsor field trips and outings which foster strong social connections and allow us to explore the world of design and art together. We also have a solid track record of mentoring junior designers to advance to more senior positions in the firm, as evidenced by the long tenure of most of our colleagues.
Beyond yearly compensation, we offer a robust, comprehensive benefit package including 100 per cent employer-provided medical insurance with annual health savings account contributions, annual bonus, paid time off of three weeks starting and up to four weeks total, IRA retirement account after six months, parental leave, paid time off for licensing exams and excellent professional development programs.
Apply via the apply for job button below. We hope to hear from you!