BDP is hiring Part 2 architectural assistants to join its team in London.
Following recent competition wins on exciting new projects of different scales, BDP are looking for Part 2 architectural assistants with a strong portfolio to join us to deliver and with the right skill set, potentially run a number of exciting projects within our London studio. With a passion for architecture and design, the opportunities would suit those who are looking to be involved in several RIBA stages from inception through to completion on an array of projects within mixed use, education, healthcare, retail and residential developments.
You will be qualified to RIBA Part 2 level or equivalent.
A minimum of one to two years’ UK experience.
- working knowledge of Autodesk Revit would be highly advantageous
- freehand drawing/sketching
- a fluent user of Microstation/AutoCAD, MS Office, InDesign and Photoshop
- rendering packages of various types
- Rhinoceros/Grasshopper useful
- Microsoft Access and Excel skills useful
- personal skills
- have the confidence and ability to present and explain ideas
- be proficient in managing to tight deadlines
- a strong design background and good technical ability, with experience of building control and UK design code knowledge would be preferable
- be able to develop partnerships with the other professions within BDP recognising and understanding their differing requirements
- you will be able to work effectively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding ‘places for people’.
We work closely with users, clients and the community to create special places for living, working, shopping, culture and learning across Europe, Africa, Asia, North America and Australia.
Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, Canada and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors including health, education, workplace, retail, urbanism, heritage, housing, transport, leisure, public safety and energy utilities, having won over 1000 awards for design quality from international and national bodies.
In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, profit share scheme, flexible pension allowance, travel allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
Please click on the apply for job button below and complete the online registration form, ensuring that you include a copy of your CV and portfolio. Please include an indication of your salary expectations. Should you be specifically interested in working on historic projects, then please ensure that you state this in your cover note.
BDP is actively fostering an inclusive organisation where people can be themselves and everyone has a sense of belonging. We want our teams to be diverse at every level, reflecting the communities we design for. As designers, we will create spaces for all that promote equity, wellbeing, and participation within the built environment. We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different skills, professional and life experiences, to join us and help us to achieve our aspirations. We also welcome applications from candidates who wish to work flexibly.
BDP is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies or third-party applications will be accepted.