Interiors With Art is hiring a senior architect to join its team in London.
IWA is a terrific place to work. Great clients, colleagues, skills development and a fantastic reputation as a high-end residential design and build company. We are growing fast and are full of opportunities! Our fun and dynamic office of 25 is made up of a team of enthusiastic architects, interior designers, quantity surveyors and project managers; that work closely with our build team of around 60 staff.
We are a different kind of design and build a company: one that listens to client needs, values innovation, and solves individual problems with brilliant simplicity. At IWA you’ll have a direct impact fast! You won’t get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision-making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don’t just want to know your opinions but, we want to see your ideas in action too. We hire great people and then trust them to be great. Keyword: Trust!
We live our values and we value our people.
So, do you love creating innovative designs? Are you interested in managing multiple projects from conception to completion? We’re looking for a senior project architect with a minimum of five years’ experience in high-end residential properties to join us and be part of a growing team that has one goal – making our clients happy!
As a senior project architect, you will be:
- be exposed to and directly involved in all aspects of a project from the conception, drawing package, installation and quality control
- required to design bespoke joinery, furniture and kitchen designs
- be responsible for meeting with the client and ensuring the design is executing it flawlessly
- be responsible for managing junior team members
- be responsible for putting together the drawing package and have an understanding of services and building regulations
- be responsible for ensuring the project is complying with planning, license to alter, heritage etc. requirements
- required to liaise and supervise external and internal in-house contractors
- Required to do regular site visits
- proficiency in both AutoCAD and freehand drawings. Knowledge of the Adobe package is advantageous
- demonstrate a strong academic background with a minimum of a 2:1
- demonstrate strong technical skills
- have good problem-solving capabilities and have experience visiting the construction site
- have experience managing multiple projects at a time
- keen drive for urgency and a ‘get stuff done’ attitude
- passion, curiosity, energy, humour, guts!