Distinctive Makers is seeking a showroom assistant to join its team in Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire, UK.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and presentable showroom and retail assistant to join our team. Due to an ever-expending market, we are looking for a part-time assistant to support our two showroom managers. You will be required to work on Saturdays from our Beaconsfield showroom and will split your remaining days across our two showrooms, in Beaconsfield and Rickmansworth.
You may be required to cover additional days to assist with annual leave cover, however the candidate will be notified two weeks in advance of any over-time.
The perfect candidate will have excellent communication skills, the ability to deal with enquiries in person, over the phone and by email, will be outgoing, highly organised, eager to learn and also, will be creative with a keen interest in interior design.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- float between both showrooms to offer support to branch managers
- days to be decided with successful candidate
- assisting with administrative duties
- creating an inviting and friendly environment for customers and ensuring the shop is always presentable
- liaising with our head office and workroom to ensure all projects are running smoothly
- chasing sales and quotations, as well as processing orders whilst keeping customers informed and ensuring all records are up to date
- advising customers on the best possible products for their project. Using your creative flare, you will support customers with selecting colour schemes as well as fabrics, paints and wallpapers for their homes
- prepare and order swatches and samples for customers
- organising and booking appointments with customers and brand representatives
- ordering new stock
- processing online paint and wallpaper orders
- maintaining and updating the online catalogue
- photographing products for social media and marketing pieces
- arranging the shop displays to engage with customers and effectively display products and services
- must be able to work Saturdays
- must be able to travel between Rickmansworth and Beaconsfield showrooms
- flexibility to work additional shifts when required
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- customer service and administration experience preferred
- experience using MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- a candidate with an interest in interior design is preferred
With over 50 years’ of experience, our family run company is one of the leading premium suppliers of bespoke window dressings in the UK. Specialising in the finest curtains, blinds and pelmets, our products are all handmade by our professional and highly skilled team to delivery quality and luxury with every dispatch.
We predominantly work on bespoke projects for residential properties, but we also supply products for large commercial projects such as restaurants, hotels, and housing projects. With an extensive catalogue of incredible fabrics, our team will guide each client through their design to allow them to personalise each aspect of their project.
As well as window treatments, we can also offer our clients a variety of luxury paints and wallpapers from the leading brands in the industry, enabling us to provide our clients with the full interior design package when renovating a space.
We are continuing to expand our business to offer a wider variety of products and services and are looking for a candidate who can join us on this exciting journey.
Benefits and job details:
- part-time, Saturdays 10am to 4pm, remaining shifts during the week to be decided with the successful candidate
- product training will be provided
- growth opportunities
- 28 days statutory annual leave including bank holidays
- smart/casual dress
- company pension scheme
- company events
- store discounts