Populous is seeking an architectural designer to join its team in London.
Populous is an award-winning, international design practice specialising in sport and entertainment venues that draw people and communities together for unforgettable experiences.
We are seeking an architectural designer who is passionate about, educated in and/or experienced in the urban design field to join the London studio to work on creating experience-led urban spaces.
- degree in architecture or urban design or similar/equivalent
- two to four years of experience in architectural practice, including some master planning works
- understanding in large-scale master planning or urban design projects
- understanding of how a building integrates into its surrounding
- excellent design, graphics and visualisation skills, with digital abilities
- excitement in creating experience-led urban spaces and place making
- ability to conceptualise and develop design ideas, generate diagrams, digital models and presentation materials
- interest in the design of urban design, master planning and city-making
- previous knowledge or research on crowd dynamics, mobility, experience-led urban spaces, or future of urbanism is not essential but will be a plus
- ability to develop design options in collaboration with the design team in a multi-disciplinary design environment
- ability to prepare, develop and edit relevant project reports, 2D drawings, 3D models etc.
- strong organisational and time-management skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high-quality output
- strong computer skills including both 2D and 3D software capabilities
- experience using Rhino, Grasshopper, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign and other design tools. Revit is not essential but will be a plus
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our expanding team, please apply via the apply for job button below. In your application, please include your CV and a one-page letter of motivation (cover letter), salary expectations and your availability.
Populous is an equal opportunities employer. Populous employees enjoy a full range of workplace benefits, as well as the opportunity to attend events at several of our London venues, including the O2 Arena, Emirates Stadium and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.