Studio PCH is hiring a senior interior designer to join its team in Los Angeles, USA.
Studio PCH, located in Venice, CA is focused on high-end hospitality, residential and retail design offering a wide range of services. The company provides dynamic designs, outstanding craftsmanship, and unparalleled building solutions. Studio PCH has developed business relationships with engineers, vendors, consultants, contractors, etc. in order to construct new buildings, create additions to existing buildings, or for design renovation projects.
Through our love of craft, detail, and rigor we bring these characteristics of home to a commercial space.
Privileged with our founding projects, we have continued to bring this sensitivity to our design and process. As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained a select collection of people who all strive to cultivate their love of design and creation through continuous education and exploration. As individuals we are artists, collectively we create spaces altogether natural and easy, utilitarian and tasteful. Our team has a very diverse culture of recent graduates and young professionals from all around the globe.
Studio PCH is currently seeking a senior interior designer with (ten to 12 plus) years of experience in high-end, luxury hospitality and residential design. This position will be focused on developing luxury hotels and private residences, from conceptual design through construction.
- bachelor’s degree in interior design
- minimum ten to 12 years’ of experience as a design team member in an interior design/architectural firm
- experience in hospitality
- demonstrates a strong ability to work as part of a team environment
- excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills
- ability to be proactive and maintain a positive attitude
- experience with selecting and sourcing FF&E and dealing with manufacturers/vendors
- proficient in AutoCAD
- proficient in Adobe Suite
- experience with SketchUp
- experience with studio designer a plus (but not required)
- applicants must provide sample work that demonstrates applicable work experience
- daily coordination with principal, design coordination, and project manager
- developing and documenting design solutions from conceptual design through construction documents
- translating conceptual ideas through diagrams, key visualizations, renderings within a presentation package. Develop and assist with client presentations
- ability to create full set of interior construction documents
- create FF&E specification packages
- executing and coordinating drawings including plans, sections, details, and schedules
- providing coordination with consultants and manufacturers
- daily research
- ensure presentations meet Studio PCH standards
- assist and coordinate the selection of fabrics, samples, finish selections, materials, paints, etc.
- ability to purchase, procure and coordinate logistics for all decorative elements for a project installation