Original Field of Architecture is currently seeking an experienced Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in Oxford, UK.
Our work varies from small scale residential to complex school and Oxford college projects, most within historical contexts. The practice prioritises inclusive and responsive designs that reflect the needs of our clients, while promoting a research and design led process.
The practice works across different disciplines including landscaping and lighting often in collaboration with artists and crafts people. The successful candidate will be exposed to all stages within the architectural process and will be encouraged to learn and improve their skills.
The role is suited to a good all-rounder with a creative approach to design and problem solving, along with a sound understanding of the technical requirements of building.
It is anticipated the successful candidate will possess most or all of the following:
- strong awareness of design and be able to apply creative thinking
- strong attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- strong technical awareness and desire to learn
- solid ability in AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, Photoshop and InDesign
- ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- exceptional presentation skills
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and promote a sensible work life balance within the profession.
Please submit your CV with examples of your work via the apply for job button below.
Unfortunately, we can only reply to shortlisted candidates. No agencies please.