Sugarhouse is recruiting a junior project manager/designer to join its team in New York.
We are a small interdisciplinary practice looking to grow our design team. Individuals should be able to demonstrate a knowledge and enthusiasm of design processes and thinking, hand sketching, 2D and 3D Revit and ACAD abilities and presentation skills. We value a flexible, open and inquisitive attitude toward design. As we expand we want people motivated to take an active role in building our design team. Ideally, this individual would have experience or a strong interest in residential design, hotels and restaurants.
We are looking for junior architectural or interior designer with at least three years of Revit using professional experience.
Reporting direct to a principal, you will be working on design packages at various stages of development. Other skills required and responsibilities:
- must have a M. Arch or B. Arch from an accredited school with two-three years of experience and competent in all conventional aspects of architecture
- must be a self-starter, highly motivated and passionate about hospitality design
- must be proficient in Revit Architecture. Other skills are needed in AutoCAD, Adobe Products: Photoshop and InDesign
- must be experienced at interpreting mood board and pictorial presentations to conceptualization in workable building plans. There is a strong interior design department already established responsible for procurement and selection of FF&E
- strong understanding of space planning, and phases of design drawings
- continuously create and manage Sugarhouse back of house and FF&E Revit library as required
- able to assist in-house project management team during CA phases
This position offers the opportunity to work on a multi-disciplinary team involved in the full life cycle of a built project. Benefits offered include competitive salary and contribution towards NY healthcare of your choosing.
Please email resume, portfolio and documentation of experience with above skills in an 8.5×11 PDF no larger than 10 MB via the apply for job button below with subject line “Junior-level architectural designer”.