Holte Studio is hiring a technical draftsperson to join its team in London.
Holte Studio is a design and build kitchen company based in Hackney, London. We work with customers to realise their dream kitchen using a mix of both proprietary (e.g. Ikea/Howdens) and bespoke Holte cabinetry with our custom fronts.
We are currently looking for a draftsperson who will be surveying, detailing and providing technical input not just on kitchens but other areas of our clients’ build too (e.g. seating, AV units and bedroom storage).
Previous kitchen manufacture/design experience is preferred.
Experience level: all
Employment type: full-time
Location: Hackney, London
Deadline: 31st October 2022
- highly organised, methodical and adaptable
- passionate about streamlining workflows, creating efficiencies and problem-solving
- interested in sustainable design
- fond of food and passionate about pastries
Do you have:
- a high level of AutoCAD literacy
- a comprehensive understanding of bespoke kitchen joinery and ironmongery
- practical (kitchen) fitting experience
- practical experience of joinery/cabinet making
- a good working understanding of CNC processing
- strong working knowledge of relevant materials
- great communication skills
- general software knowledge desirable
What the job involves:
- working closely with the technical director and manufacturing partner to ensure delivery of projects on spec and on schedule
- working with the in-house design team to resolve technical details
- provide technical guidance on joinery components to the internal team and liaise with suppliers to receive and incorporate technical data into drawings
- assisting with project administration and management including updating trackers, scheduling and working with designers to ensure lead times are managed effectively
- producing detailed production drawings and specifications
- specifying ironmongery and resolving associated details
- developing technical workflows and standards to streamline the production process
- managing placement of orders for individual jobs
- managing production schedule
- produce technical/ setting out drawings when required
- conducting site surveys
- auditing our cabinetry and establishing a base range
What we offer:
- £30-40k per annum depending on experience
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- private health insurance, including dental and optical
- employee assistance programme
- cycle-to-work scheme
- company pension and bonus scheme
- remote working and flexi-time policy by arrangement
- discount on a Holte kitchen!
Normal working hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
We are based primarily at our design studio just off Broadway Market, Hackney.
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the best candidates regardless of their age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or maternity.
To apply, submit your CV and cover letter via the apply for job button below. The deadline for applications is 31st October 2022 and we will be looking to interview prospective candidates in early/mid-November. If you know someone who might be interested in this role, please point them in our direction!