Out of the Valley is seeking a Part 2/3 architect to join its team in Devon, UK.
Out of the Valley is seeking a qualified Part 3 architect with at least two years experience post qualification or Part 2 with considerable professional experience to join its team in Devon, UK.
About the company
Out of the Valley is a design-led studio and manufacturing workshop that creates wooden buildings, cabins, furniture and interiors. We work extensively with natural materials, with a focus on modern construction techniques and traditional craftsmanship. In this unique role you will be an integral part of the design process, from concept design though to renders and technical design packages. As we’re a small team your role will also involve elements of project management and procurement.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented candidate whose design aesthetic and ethos aligns with our own, but equally we value diversity and big picture thinkers. A strong knowledge of construction processes, particularly focused around timber fabrication methods in small to medium projects is welcomed. We have a design office and timber workshop on site where we fabricate our projects. It is crucial that the candidate is highly motivated and is keen to be involved in a very hands-on approach to design and construction as we expand.
- demonstrate strong creative skills
- at least three years’ experience in a professional small practice post architecture qualification
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- excellent drawing and illustration skills, both hand and digital
- knowledge of wooden construction techniques
- knowledge in UK building regulations and planning policy
- to work on new concept designs, planning applications and technical drawings
- excellent understanding of construction techniques and detailing
- excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and visual
- good understanding of using timber in construction
- experience in preparing detailed working drawings, technical detailing, designs, plans, schemes and drawing packages
- work with an attention to detail and have a keen interest in new and emerging green materials and processes to adopt into the practice
- able to be responsible for managing varied projects personally as well as part of a small team
Start date: candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and able to commence work in late November, however we can wait slightly longer for the right candidate.
Salary: dependant on experience.
Please submit a ‘considered’ portfolio and CV for the role showing creativity and technical skills via the apply for job button below.
We look forward to hearing from you, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.