Cartwright Pickard is looking for a bids and communications coordinator to join its team in London.
We’re looking for a highly creative bids and communications coordinator to join our team in London. Working closely with our head of marketing and communications, this is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual who is full of ideas to make an impact across all aspects of the new business, client development and brand positioning activity of a thriving architectural practice. This is a split role with approximately 40 per cent of your time spent on bids and 60 per cent on broader marketing activities.
With the ability to focus on individual tasks while also seeing the bigger picture, you will have one to three years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within architecture or the construction industry. We’re looking for someone with exemplary copywriting and graphics skills to set the tone and standard for communications across the practice and forge strong relationships with people at all levels. You’ll be an expert at translating architectural design and technical information into clear, compelling and jargon-free text for brochures, reports, presentations and social content.
Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- monitoring tender trackers and other industry sources for new opportunities
- writing and coordinating bid/tender submissions including EOIs, SQ and ITTs
- creating impactful marketing brochures and presentations using approved templates
- developing an engaging content plan for our website and social media channels
- assisting with the production of award submissions and press releases
- keeping our CRM system, bids library and image library up to date
- supporting the organisation of client events and conference attendance
- taking an active role in internal communications and updating our intranet
a small number of general admin tasks
You will have:
- one to three years’ experience in a similar role
- excellent writing and proofreading ability
- marketing or architecture degree preferred (but can be flexible)
- strong Adobe InDesign and Photoshop skills
- Adobe After Effects or Premiere Pro skills desirable (but not essential)
Our mission is to meet the challenges that matter to people and planet, with architecture that looks beautiful, performs brilliantly and grows old gracefully. By listening closely and challenging respectfully, we create value for everyone who encounters our architecture. Together, we unite head with heart and creativity with research to create places that improve people’s lives.
We believe that good architecture comes from people whose creativity and ingenuity is appreciated. At our open-plan studios in London, Leeds and Manchester, we’ve created an open, fair and friendly culture which allows our diverse team of talented individuals to flourish. We’ve held an Investors in People Silver accreditation since 2010, which is almost unique in our profession. We put a lot into the development and training of our staff. In return, we expect you to be at the top of your game, ambitious to learn and progress.
We are looking for people who are engaged in our mission and live by our values – these are:
- consider every angle
- put insight into action
- make relationships matter
- build a legacy
Find out more about what it’s like to work at CP here.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We’re committed to making our practice and our industry a diverse, equal and inclusive place to work. We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups in architecture, including black, asian and minority ethnic people, people with disabilities and people who identify as being LGBTQ2IA+. Cartwright Pickard is an equal opportunities employer.