Marketing and press coordinator
Dezeen is looking for a marketing and press coordinator to join its team in London.
Dezeen is the world’s most influential online design and architecture magazine with over three million readers a month.
We’re looking for a bright and ambitious person with brilliant writing skills, a passion for marketing, lots of good ideas and an interest in architecture and design to join our UK team as a marketing and press coordinator.
Working within the digital team and reporting to our digital editor, you will manage our marketing calendar and output, including producing regular marketing newsletters, coordinating with various Dezeen departments to plan content and producing well-written marketing communications that follow Dezeen’s in-house style guide. You will also assist in ensuring the effective marketing of specific services and helping to generate press coverage for special projects.
Duties will include:
- planning, writing and assembling regular marketing newsletters and assisting with other Dezeen newsletters
- helping to develop and implement Dezeen’s marketing and press strategy
- maintaining a marketing calendar
- helping to develop marketing plans for new services and projects
- writing and assembling press releases
- building relationships with external press and news agencies
- writing and assembling stories on Dezeen to promote Dezeen services
- managing and updating contact databases and subscriber lists
- sharing a rota of weekly digital tasks with the rest of the digital team, like comment moderation, social media scheduling and delivering sponsored content
Successful applicants will demonstrate excellent written and spoken English, sound knowledge of grammar rules, experience of using style guides and good knowledge of the architecture and design industries.
Proven marketing experience is essential, with experience of newsletter marketing and list management highly desirable.
Expertise with Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite software is also highly desirable, while experience of using Campaign Monitor and WordPress would be advantageous.
This position features a salary of £25,000 to £30,000, depending on experience.
The role will be based at Dezeen’s office in Hoxton, UK.
Dezeen was named as one of the top 50 companies to work for in 2022 by The Dots.
Dezeen is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff. We welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.
To apply, please submit your CV and a selection of writing samples together with a cover letter to Rupert Bickersteth via the apply for job button below.