Receptionist and studio assistant
Piercy&Company is looking for a receptionist and studio assistant to join its team in London.
We have an exciting role in our studio for a proactive, part-of-the-studio team receptionist and studio assistant.
Piercy&Company is an award-winning Camden-based studio founded in 2002 by architect Stuart Piercy. Our interdisciplinary practice comprises 80+ architects, designers and researchers with a shared passion for materials, form, technology and craft.
The role involves assisting our marketing and finance teams, as well as the HR manager and practice manager, being an active member of the studio, working across all aspects of the practice whilst ensuring administrative functions and day to day activities of the practice run smoothly. Attention to details, a ‘can-do’ attitude and a high level of initiative is key in this position.
The role will be based in our Studio in Camden, Monday – Friday (9.00 – 17.30)
General duties include, but are not limited to
- answering and transferring incoming calls
- welcoming visitors to the studio
- providing refreshments for meetings, ensuring the meeting rooms are prepped and ready before meetings and cleared after use
- AM/PM studio walk arounds
- keeping front of house clear of clutter and presentable
- managing the meeting room calendars and scheduling meetings
- dealing with incoming and outgoing post and overseeing any deliveries arriving to the studio
- stocktaking office supplies
- ordering stationery and sundry supplies as required
- responsible for ‘admin cupboard’ and contents
- signing in and out equipment and Oyster cards
- booking couriers, taxis and train travel as required
- running errands as required
- providing ad hoc administrative support to project teams including printing, binding
- keeping the kitchen areas clear and stocked
- setting up studio lunches, breakfasts, drinks functions and other events and needed
- supporting the studio and communications team
- organising workshop and material purchasing
- studio related purchasing
- working closely with HR manager and practice manager
- assisting with updating marketing material including company website and events
- support use of company branding and templates
- assisting with external event planning
- assisting communications manager with monthly internal newsletter
- assisting head of finance with administrative tasks where needed
- assisting with facilities related tasks
What we offer:
Piercy&Company have an inclusive and collaborative culture and offer several benefits.
- annual profit share scheme
- enhanced paternity and maternity leave (after one year of employment)
- studio outings and social events
- access to CPDs and internal talks
- health and wellbeing initiatives – cycle to work scheme, weekly organic fruit delivery, various in-house workshops and activities
- office closed during Christmas period
- and more!
Please submit your digital CV in PDF format with ‘Receptionist and studio assistant application’ as the subject heading.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience.
We actively encourage applications from women, the LGBTQIA+ community and people from ethnic minorities as these groups are currently under-represented throughout the building industry. Piercy&Company is an equal opportunities employer dedicated to closing this gap and aims to build a workforce of skilled professionals from a range of diverse backgrounds.
Please submit your CV using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please note we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview and are unable to return hard-copy applications.