Holland Harvey Architects has an opportunity for an associate to join its growing team in London.
The role will work on a wide variety of projects within the hospitality, food and beverage and residential sectors with a strong focus on interior architecture in both the UK and overseas.
We create extraordinary places that form the setting for everyday life.
Our company was founded on the belief that architecture should make a positive social and environmental impact.
Our approach is ethical, playful and pragmatic – we pursue quality and authenticity, designing with narrative to ensure that our work tells a story.
Our clients are aspirational and believe in design to strengthen their brand and achieve their goals. Our strength is understanding the nature of their business and tailoring our process to meet their needs.
We strive to provide an experience that is engaging, and enjoyable and allows informed decisions to be made.
We are seeking an associate architect to assist the directors to:
- drive design quality
- promote the practice
- provide creative direction
- deliver excellence
- lead one of two design teams within the studio, comprised of senior architects, architects and architectural assistants, on the design of projects in the UK and internationally
- inspire your team to design aspirational projects that are both innovative and creative in their resolution
- support the directors with business development, ensuring both the nurturing of existing clients and seeking out new potential sources of work
- assist in writing fee proposals using the project planning software CMAP
- contribute to the creative direction of the studio
- assist in key studio administration tasks such as resource management and invoicing
- act as the primary point of contact for clients, ensuring exceptional communication
- present work to clients in an inspiring, engaging, professional and creative manner
- act as both manager and mentor to members of the team to promote a collaborative atmosphere
- proactively develop high quality spatial, architectural and operational designs both independently and within the studio to meet the vision of the practice and client’s brief
- prepare and review project programming and project delivering objectives
- ensure your projects are fully resourced and project deadlines are met
- support and assist the senior architects and project architects to achieve their objectives
- ensure projects are delivered within the fee parameters, reporting back data where projects are at risk
- drive exceptional quality in both graphical, technical and 3D output as well as the final built result
- continuously looking for and actioning opportunities to increase efficiencies and improvements in operational and design terms across the practice
Skills and experience:
- a UK qualified architect with ten years’ experience including three to four years experience within a management role
- extensive experience in working on high end, interiors focused hospitality, F&B, four to five star hotel and residential projects both in the UK and internationally of a construction value between £1- £20 Million
- confident, organised and proactive
- an excellent designer, communicator with exceptional presentation skills
- highly competent, experienced and passionate about technical detailing and the production of technical information
highly experienced in the delivery of projects on-site including contract administration
- highly experienced in the managing of external multidisciplinary consultants
- highly experienced in producing exceptional concept design, visual and technical design output
- adept and have experience at managing a large team of people to deliver multiple different projects simultaneously
- excellent in Affinity Suite, Adobe, Microsoft Office, Vectorworks and Rhino or SketchUp
- excellent English both written and verbal
At Holland Harvey, our culture is centred on the people and our community. We understand the need for a good work-life balance, and with this in mind offer the following benefits:
- working from home policy – work from home for as many days per week as you like except for Mondays
- working away from home policy – an opportunity to work away from home, including abroad
- flexible start and finish times (core hours 10 am to 4 pm)
summer hours allowing staff to finish early on a Friday (during the month of August)
- closed during the Christmas period
- bike2work scheme – eligible after probation period
- techscheme – opportunity to buy tech getting a 3 to 13 per cent discount and spread costs over 12 months
- sabbatical leave as a reward for long service
- studio lunch every other Friday to enjoy each other’s company and catch up (cooked by members of the studio and subsidised by Holland Harvey)
- annual trip to a European city, annual summer day outing, and many more social events
- RIBA pension scheme
- opportunity to be involved in mentorship through riba ambassadors
- facilitate the development of your career as part of a growing design studio
- provide a creative, nurturing, and collaborative working environment
Submit your application via the apply for job button below.