Architects for Zurich Airport project
Bjarke Ingels Group is looking for architects for Zurich Airport project to join its team in Zurich, Switzerland.
BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group) is an international architectural company characterised by an entrepreneurial spirit, true team-work across expertise areas and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, very high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field unify our staff. Our office culture is characterised by creativity, high energy and a strong team spirit. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a workplace where we want to be and work continuously at becoming better and better at what we do.
We are a company experiencing steady growth and as we grow, we also strive to mature. We have over the past 15 years developed from a 10 to a 700 people organisation in New York, London, Barcelona, Shenzhen and Copenhagen.
Join the BIG Zurich Airport project!
We are looking for a number of architects (with project management experience) with seven to 15 years of experience, preferably with Aviation experience in later phases, documentation and construction. You will be based in Zurich joining the construction of new airport in Zurich!
The role requires at least seven years’ experience, with international experience in Switzerland working with SIA and proficiency in German, preferably Swiss German.
- work with and report daily to the project manager
- assist with the management of junior team members
- drafting comprehensive drawing sets from concept through construction documents
- generate detailed 3D models to develop all parts of the changing design process
- technical detailing and construction administration experience, with the ability to resolve design issues in a creative and pragmatic way by developing multiple design options that meet the project budget and design approach
- strong ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models as they relate to the project
- good conceptual and design skills, with aesthetic flair
- communication, coordination and management of consultants, contractors, clients, regulatory agencies and approving bodies to meet overall project objectives
- excellent communication skills, fluent in English and German (preferably Swiss German) – spoken and written
- significant contributions to an extremely well documented and coordinated drawing set
- excellent ability in Revit, Rhino, Adobe Suite. Grasshopper and V-Ray is a plus
- solid knowledge of products, materials, zoning / building codes and construction methods in Switzerland
- strong organisational skills, ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines on budget and on time
- a keen eye for attention to detail and accuracy
- proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative in response to direction from project managers, directors and partners
- a team player, with a flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and collaborating
Experience and qualifications:
- professional qualification as an architect or an equivalent overseas qualification
- minimum seven plus years of professional experience in construction documents and construction administration with site supervision
- preferably experience with Aviation / Airport architecture and construction
- experience with Swiss legislation and building code on build projects
We review applications on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay with your application.
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we value, celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender.