Bitscapes is hiring an art director to join its team in Shanghai, China.
We are Bitscapes and we render stuff.
And we are trying to get better… always.
We specialise in still images and animation.
Our current studio is located in a cool creative hub in the very centre of Shanghai.
It comes with all the nice amenities, cool rooftop, restaurants, etc.
We are looking for an art director… probably the key member of the team.
This would be a person in charge of the production team (currently 12 people), ensuring a seamless delivery.
We are looking for someone with a keen eye and attention to detail, someone able to lead and manage the team, while creating some outstanding artwork him/herself.
Currently, our studio is divided into three teams with senior artists leading each and reporting directly to the art director.
With ever increasing demand, the number of teams might increase.
And such is our desire to constantly improve… which means, this positions also requires a pro-active mindset.
As for the qualifications, please see below:
- ability to create highly realistic CGI art
- previous managing experience and the ability to manage and mentor the team
- professional experience with projects of all sizes
- expertise in 3DS Max, V-Ray/Corona and Photoshop
- proficiency in Forest Pro, Quixel Mixer
- good communication skills in English and/or Chinese
- highly organised, responsive and able to meet deadlines
- past experience in architecture and design is preferred
- basic modelling and animation skills are preferred
This is a full time position with no remote work possible.
We are not looking for freelancers or agencies.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and portfolio via the apply for job button below.