at Dominic Harris Studio
Dominic Harris Studio is seeking a Solidworks designer to its team in London.
Dominic Harris Studio is the production studio of artist Dominic Harris. The studio specialises in real-time interactive digital artwork and immersive installations.
R&D is at the core of what we do – finding creative solutions for beautiful and innovative projects. With dedicated production, development, 3D and electronics teams we are an innovative collaborative and vibrant studio.
We are looking for a confident and diligent designer and maker who is looking to be involved in the design and fabrication process from end to end.
You will be confident dealing with designers, technicians, suppliers, contractors and clients. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to be involved in every step of the design and production process.
NB: Please note this role will require travel, as such we are looking for candidates with a full valid passport, and who are fully COVID vaccinated and able to conform with current COVID travel requirements (for example testing and boosters).
- creating accurate 2D and 3D CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions and site visits
- a high level of experience using Solidworks, in particular sheet metal
- identifying design problems and engineering solutions
- technical detailing and material specification
- thinking creatively and critically to support the project team in the design process
- creating and continually updating the drawing management system
- conducting research into materials, manufacturing methods and new technologies
- assisting with the production process including hands-on fabrication and assembly
- attending site visits and installs in the UK and abroad
- providing technical artwork support to collectors and the artist’s gallery
- minimum three to five years’ experience in a similar role
- excellent 2D and 3D design skills
- highly experienced using Solidworks – particularly for sheet metal
- a strong understanding of metalwork tools, fabrication and assembly methods
- highly organised and competent in managing design revisions and generations
- capable of identifying and resolving design problems
- comfortable being hands-on with Fabrication, packing and installation
- full UK driving licence and valid passport
- experience with 3D printing/prototyping
- experience with Solidworks PDM system
- experience with electronic design and assembly and PC building
- experience with designing and working with premium and high-end
- AV appliances
- experience with briefing and liaising with fabricators
- experience using Rhino
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and portfolio. Please send all applications via the apply for job button below.