at Situ Plan
Situ Plan is looking for a CAD technician to join its team in Reading, UK.
Situ Plan Ltd was established in March 2018, in Reading, UK, as a specialist strategic planning, landscape design, urban design and architecture consultancy, led by managing director Nick Sweet, former partner at Barton Wilmore LLP.
The team at Situ have a significant reputation and extensive experience in the delivery of projects in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and America, and because of this reputation we have experienced significant growth since the studio was established, with the team now comprising 18 full-time staff.
Whilst we look to develop our UK presence, our current portfolio of work is based primarily in the Middle East with several major design projects underway ranging from strategic master planning through to the detailed design of a major art installation and park of 17km2. Alongside this detailed work we have a series of large-scale master planning and urban design projects.
As a CAD technician, you will be a part of our architecture team and will report to the technical director.
You must be able to work independently or as part of a team and with other disciplines both within the office and with external consultants.
- produce and deliver high-quality production information in AutoCAD and demonstrate a minimum of five years of ‘hands on’ experience
- advance level working knowledge of 2D and 3D modelling in AutoCAD
- preferably have obtained a basic technical qualification (diploma or equivalent)
- assist in maintaining and updating the company’s CAD standards, processes and asset libraries
- an understanding and ability to comply with CAD standards and protocols
- produce legible and aesthetic PDFs and manage and execute all printing and export outputs
- ability and experience to handle multiple sources of drawing data, including from external consultants
- organise all document filing to ensure latest data is always current to the office manual standards
- working knowledge of BIM360 and Autodesk Navisworks for coordination
- working knowledge of 2D and 3D software such as Revit, VectorWorks, 3DCAD, 3DsMax, Civils3D, SketchUp, Rhinoceros, Photoshop would be beneficial
- additional creative flare with Photoshop, 3D modelling (SketchUp) and presentation skills is advantageous
- Middle East projects experience would be preferred but not necessary
- self-motivated personality with the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams on multiple tasks to project timelines and crucial deadlines
- attention to detail in every aspect with good organisational skills
- shows willingness and enthusiasm, actively contribute
- assist, advise and support colleagues in AutoCAD, seen as a team player
Note: any application that does not include a CV and portfolio will not be considered.
A competitive salary is on offer commensurate with experience, along with a range of staff benefits and an attractive pension scheme.
Please submit your CV and portfolio to our studio manager Amber Hitchins via the apply for job button below with ‘CAD technician’ followed by your name in the subject line.
Situ Plan Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.
Situ Plan Limited is a RIBA Chartered Practice No. 20043078.