Levitt Bernstein has an opportunity for a sustainability assistant to join its team in London.
Levitt Bernstein creates beautiful, sustainable buildings and places for people to live, work and play in. We are an award-winning design practice of architects, urban designers and landscape architects with studios in London and Manchester. Our focus is on the needs of the end users of our buildings, listening to our clients and communities as we design.
We are a welcoming, friendly, collaborative practice with an open working culture. We foster a supportive working environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse. A good idea can come from anyone in the practice and different perspectives are valued.
We are looking for a sustainability assistant, to work alongside our head of sustainability in the creation, dissemination and implementation of net zero carbon strategies and projects within and outside of the practice.
You must have a building related architectural or engineering background, and ideally with a master’s degree in environmental or sustainable design.
We also seek the following:
- an understanding of net zero carbon and recent industry guidance such as LETI, Architects Declare and RIBA 2030 climate challenge
- knowledge of current regulations, policies and standards relating to environmental design
- an interest in carrying out energy and carbon calculations; producing energy and sustainability guidance for clients and designers; raising sustainability aspirations for retrofit; and promoting environmental passive design.
- an ability to carry out data analysis
- excellent presentation and communication skills, so Adobe Suite experience is beneficial
- some knowledge of Autodesk Revit and SketchUp
- ability to enthuse others about the subject
- involvement in LETI or Architects Declare is advantageous
- experience in housing is desirable
We have introduced hybrid working to allow staff to work between the studio and home, to increase flexibility, enhance wellbeing and inspire a culture of trust and creativity. This is open to all new recruits after an initial period working in the studio.
If you are interested in working for a design-led organisation in a stimulating and sociable environment, please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectation.
Levitt Bernstein is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all members of the community.