Mid-weight interior architect/architect
at Own Projects
Own Projects is looking for a mid-weight interior architect/architect to join its team in London.
OWN London Studio has an immediate vacancy for a talented and ambitious mid-weight interior architect/architect.
A key strength you must possess is the ability to run several projects of varying sizes at once. With a proven track record and focus on high end residential projects. The role requires drive and initiative in a fast paced, lively and creative environment. You will be responsible for all design and technical aspects of a project(s), ensuring it is delivered on budget and to schedule.
Ideal candidates will have:
- five plus years’ interior architecture experience (post RIBA Part 2 or equivalent), ideally with a London-based luxury design firm
- degree qualified in interior architecture/architecture
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (incl. Photoshop and InDesign) and SketchUp (or Rhino)
- experience in high end residential, commercial and hospitality
- strong design and communication skills
- previous experience working on drawing packages at RIBA stages three to four
- creative flair and a conceptual approach to design
- enthusiasm and the ability to show initiative
- understanding of and experience in delivering projects from pitches to drawing packages
- be able to understand design briefs and translate these into plans, elevations and perspectives
- the capability to collaborate, to innovate and to learn
- excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- the capability to work on several projects as well as work well within a team and report concisely to your manager
- to assist with and create technical detail packages, including floor plans, elevations, and design intent drawings
- develop and design joinery packs working with the wider team and FF&E department
- attend site visits and oversee installations
- assist with concept design and development
- liaise with clients, contractors, and internal teams
- liaise with clients, suppliers and contractors
Responsible for production of drawing packages:
- existing and proposed plans, elevations and sections
- demolition and new walls information
- internal elevations
- mechanical integration to interior design
- RCP and small power setting out elevations reviewed under deign aspects
- finishes (materials and details)
- technical details presented in 1:1, 1:5, 1:10, 1:20 scales
- joinery design and production drawings
- bathroom design and production drawings
- doors and windows design, schedule and production
- review of shop drawings
Responsible for production of information schedules:
OWN London requires someone that shows initiative and the highest level of professionalism. The ideal candidate will possess technical competence with the ability to produce drawings and presentations to the highest standard. The candidate will manage project delivery with confidence whilst managing their own time and project schedule.
We are an equal opportunities employer, encouraging diversity and equality and inclusion amongst our staff. We welcome applicants applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.