LXA is seeking a mid-weight FF&E designer to join its team in London.
LXA was born from a desire to do things differently. We wanted to harness our passion for projects and create a company that allowed us to do things our way. We offered no-nonsense, professional advice clients could rely on, and worked hard, really hard, to become the go-to people for some of the biggest brands in the world.
LXA’s purpose has always been to show people the true potential of their projects. We bring ideas to life, offering clients a unique and extensive service. We do this in the residential, hospitality, commercial and education sectors, and have extensive experience in heritage buildings and projects that involve complex stakeholder management.
The relationships we have with the people we work with are vital to us. We create connections with clients and develop authentic, long-lasting partnerships that evolve with every project. We can take care of everything – from start to finish – or step in to support clients as and when they need us.
We want our legacy to stand the test of time, and we want our work to stand out from the rest. The people we surround ourselves with help us achieve this ambition every single day, with every new success.
The position of FF&E designer requires a creative, hands-on individual with a passion for design.
You will be involved in all aspects of the design process from inception to completion and will have strong organisational skills and a wealth of supplier and product knowledge of varied budgets.
The role is focused on FF&E so experience and passion for this element of the design process is an absolute must.
You will work with all members of the design team and report to the project lead and design director.
Projects can be varied from hospitality design to work-place and commercial projects.
Detail job specification
You will be expected to undertake the following:
- in conjunction with the project lead designer you will help to implement the overall design concept reflecting the client’s briefs, programs and budgets
- creation of mood boards for presentations, maintaining quality and content
- participate in presentations as needed
- develop FF&E specification of finishes, fixtures and equipment and the associated documentation in the form of schedules
- prepare furniture and installation plans and ensure they are coordinated with external consultants
- ensure that the FF&E design and documentation is communicated properly to the all parties and suppliers are able to provide accurate quotations
- assist in reviewing samples, strike-offs, etc for compliance with specifications and design intent
- coordinate selection and presentation of artwork and accessories if required
- maintaining regular review of construction documentation and shop drawings
- coordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved
- attend and review site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements)
- ensure office library is kept up to date by suppliers
Skills and experience:
- a team player
- great attention to detail
- solid supplier knowledge
- strong problem solving skills
- thrives in a fast-paced environment
- up to date with industry developments
- experience in hospitality/school and retail design
- Procurement experience desirable
- minimum three years’ post qualification experience with a degree in interior design or equivalent
- ability to understand technical and shop drawings
- experience in bespoke furniture design and production
- proficient in AutoCAD beneficial
- proficient in InDesign and Excel essential
- solid understanding of written and spoken English essential