Gustafson Porter + Bowman has an opportunity for a full-time and permanent BIM coordinator to join its team in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating engaging and beautiful spaces around the world.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious BIM coordinator to join our friendly and collaborative team based In Camden, London. The successful candidate will play a key role in our practice, as we continue to grow our UK and international reach and to promote the awareness of high-quality contextual landscape architecture in the natural and built environments. They will work in close collaboration with the wider design teams on project coordination and support the senior team with BIM management activities. Our BIM project information management is based on the guidance of the ISO19650:2018 1 and 2, to which we are fully accredited.
- an experienced BIM user, leading implementation of BIM Protocol on all BIM projects
- set-up files following BEP
- determine need for individual project BIM conventions and ensure conventions are implemented by the team
- assist team in coordinating BIM responsibilities
- manage spatial coordination and modelling on behalf of team
- propose resolutions to coordination issues
- direct the design and/or technical side of small projects
- administrate access to internal CDE and membership team where the CDE is used by multiple teams
- coordinate directly with clients, sub-contractors and in-house personnel on a regular basis to complete assigned tasks
- manage presentation and report development for clients
- induct new staff on GP+B standards and the project specific conventions
- direct and mentor assistant landscape architects/architects/interns
- assist senior members of staff with effective project management
- able to undertake the full scope of landscape architect duties from inception to completion to a high standard and to client expectations, under the direction of a senior, associate or partner
- project architect on small projects, or support a senior landscape architect/architect/associate on larger, more complex projects
Skill and experience:
- degree in landscape architecture, architecture or similar as appropriate to the role
- proficient in BIM related software, particularly REVIT and BIM360
- experienced with BS EN ISO 19650 accreditation requirements
- able to use landscape-related software and corporate software applications to a very high standard, including AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Grasshopper and Rhino
- knowledge of relevant health and safety, CDM and risk assessments
- excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- able to deliver effective presentations and hold one’s own in meetings
- confidence liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals
- professional conduct in all working practices
- commitment to equality and diversity in all working practices
In return, we offer a stimulating and inspiring working environment, with the opportunity to work on prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide. We offer all our staff hybrid working and TOIL, an enhanced company pension, a regular CPD schedule, annual training allowances, financial support and study leave for advancing professional qualifications, a cycle scheme and tech scheme, and have an active social calendar.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24 March 2023
Start date: Monday 17 April 2023
Salary: commensurate with experience
How to apply: please send your CV, cover letter including salary expectations, notice period and work permit status as applicable and portfolio (not more than 8MB) via the apply for job button below.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an equal opportunities employer and committed to a policy of treating its employees and applicants equally. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status.
No agencies please.
Please note we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.