Galmstrup Architects has an opportunity for a senior associate architect to join its team in London.
Senior associate architect for Galmstrup Architects
We are seeking a senior associate architect to oversee and lead cultural and heritage projects in the UK and abroad.
Working from our London studio, the senior associate architect will lead the development of architectural design detail solutions, prepare and process statutory applications, coordinate and review design team information, research and design robust technical details, produce tender drawings and specifications, ensuring compliance with building regulations and see buildings through to completion on site.
We welcome applicants who can demonstrate strong design and technical skills and who ideally have experience working on large scale cultural projects. We are looking for someone who are self-motivated and structured and want to be part of a small growing practice.
Successful applicants will have the following skills and qualifications:
- excellent project management and team leader skills
- ARB registered and minimum seven years post-Part 3 experience in practice and across all RIBA stages or similar
- experience working on and delivering large scale projects – ideally civic projects
- ability to multi-task, manage time and workload
- excellent communication and coordination skills
- experience managing junior staff and liaising with a broad range of clients, contractors and consultants
- excellent knowledge of MicroStation, AutoCad or Revit
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- fluent spoken and written English
- eligible to work in the UK
- curious and capability to collaborate and innovate
We are a design-led architecture practice specialised in cultural and community projects. Our projects vary in scale and range from design and construction of museums, visitor- and community centers to exhibition design and strategic masterplans of heritage sites and landscapes. Please visit at our website to learn more about us.
Salary is dependent on experience and with immediate start.
Kindly note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
No agencies, please.