Ashman Architects has an opportunity for an experienced project architect to join its team in Peterborough, UK.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a proactive and experienced architect to join our Peterborough based studio with the opportunity of flexible, remote-working on an adhoc basis.
A key position within our young and expanding studio, you will be working closely with the director to lead and deliver a range of projects, with support from our talented team. Amongst others, you will have the opportunity to work on bespoke one-off homes in beautiful countryside locations, rural diversification projects for discerning landowners, and mixed-use developments.
The right person should be diligent with experience preparing and submitting a range of planning applications for both new-build and listed properties in the UK with excellent writing skills and the ability to prepare strong and considered design and access statements. You should have a good understanding of UK building regulations and experience compiling tender and construction packages. This position will see you lead projects through from initial feasibility and concept design, to planning, tender and construction. As such, previous experience across all RIBA stages of work is beneficial.
Physical and creative applications are very much welcome. Please also feel free to email us directly at [email protected].
- a passion for architecture with a strong design sensibility
– experience running projects from inception to completion across all RIBA work stages
- experience preparing pre-applications and planning applications including compiling design and access statements
- knowledge and experience of working with local planning authorities with a good understanding of UK policy
- good technical skills
- ability to communicate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and the internal design team
- willingness to take responsibility and coordinate a small design team
- excellent organisation and presentation skills
- proficiency in Vectorworks (or willingness to learn)
- advanced in SketchUp/Rhino and Adobe Suite
- thoroughness and strong attention to detail
- proactive attitude
- fluent in English (verbal and written)
- ARB Registration
- right to work in the UK
With several projects located in the Cambridgeshire area, it would be highly beneficial if you are located in reasonable proximity to attend site visits and client meetings as and when required.
Salary range £35,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
About the studio:
The studio’s vision is to inspire awe and joy through sustainable architectural projects.
We are a friendly, collaborative practice that works with a wide range of clients from ambitious private homeowners to family trusts and commercial landowners.
Each project is unique and rooted in site-inspired design with consideration for the immediate and wider context – leading to sympathetic and intuitive interventions that celebrate and add richness to each project.
Our mission is to create exceptional architecture that positively contributes to our environment and the people that our buildings serve – ensuring our buildings invoke a true sense of place, meaning and purpose.
The successful candidate will be part of our expanding studio and become an integral part of our team with plenty of opportunities for professional development and career progression.
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter, CV and sample portfolio. We also welcome physical and creative applications. Due to the high volume of applicants, we regret that we are not able to respond to all applicants.