ROAR is seeking an architect to join its London team.
Experience in the delivery of bespoke private residential projects is a must, along with excellent detailing and client-facing skills.
Our practice is founded on a passion and belief in the transformative nature of architecture. Our aim is to elevate the everyday through bold and playful designs which push boundaries while touching the earth lightly.
We work across architecture and interiors, collaborating closely with clients, craftsmen and specialists to create spaces of lasting value that are purposeful, economically viable and a pleasure to inhabit.
We are seeking a qualified architect to design and lead private residential projects from inception to completion. Experience in all RIBA work stages is required with particular emphasis on the coordination, technical design and delivery of retrofit projects.
Essential skills and experience include:
- an eye for contemporary design, detail, and interiors with solid technical knowledge coordinating and resolving complex designs issues
- experience as a project architect on-site and contract administrator for private residential projects
- confident and client-facing with excellent communication skills and self-motivated
- experience of working directly with contractors, subcontractors and specialist suppliers, fostering a collaborative relationship
- strong organisational skills with the ability to programme, prioritise workflow and deadlines, and an understanding of fees and resourcing
- flexible and can-do attitude when working in a small practice, including assisting with training the team
- knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Suite are advantageous. Our office uses Mac
The role is office-based with flexibility to work from home up to two days a week with prior agreement.
This represents an outstanding opportunity to join an ambitious practice working first-hand on some rewarding and exciting projects. ROAR offers a competitive salary, a company pension scheme and an excellent work-life balance.
Please send your CV and portfolio with a concise cover letter explaining why you would like to work for ROAR. Please apply by using the Dezeen link below.
Salary dependant on experience.
No agencies or third-party applications, please. ROAR is an equal opportunities employer.