Miminat Designs is seeking an experienced and ambitious new business development manager to join its team in London.
Employment type: freelance and hybrid working between home and studio
The successful candidate will play a key role in our studio, as we continue to expand both our UK and international presence in the residential and hospitality sectors.
- market research of potential clients, as well as project and placements ideas
- identify and manage new business opportunities and client/industry (collaborations with other design houses) relationships
- lead the preparation of tender and bid submissions, coordinating the processes from start to end, ensuring that all progress is tracked and deadlines are met and provide debrief analysis after all submissions and formulate strategy for ongoing success
- manage new business pipeline, leveraging client data/analytics to create the strategy
- lead the work-winning process by creating a sales strategy, sourcing opportunities, performing analysis, and negotiating with clients
- attend industry events and secure meetings with potential clients and online and retail brands
- help to define the strategic goals, that will guide business development activities
- assess potential new clients, projects, regions and strategise for proactive outreach
- collaborate with the firm’s leadership and marketing team to strategise marketing and sales initiatives
- coordinate press activities in conjunction with the firm’s PR.
Skills and experience:
- three to four years’ minimum experience working in a performance sales role within the luxury hospitality and residential sector
- experience of securing new clients via direct communication and connections within the industry.
- three to four years’ minimum experience responding to bids and managing related materials, with ambition, creative talent and commercial drive
- understanding of interior design industry and sales specifics for residential markets
- excellent market research and analytical skills
- excellent English language communication and proof-reading skills, with the ability to write engaging and relevant text within the ‘house-style’
- presentation – excellent InDesign, Excel, Microsoft and PowerPoint with excellent attention to detail
- strong interest and knowledge in architecture and interior design
- dynamic, self-starter and entrepreneurial personality.
- experience and ability to work with design, operations and marketing teams
- must be able to demonstrate a strong track record of successful sales and positive performance record
- able to take key direction as well as work independently, identifying priorities and working within tight deadlines
- confident developing and maintaining client relationships and acting as ambassador for the practice and first point of contact for potential projects
Start date: ASAP
Please send your CV, cover letter including salary expectations, notice period and work permit status as applicable, and portfolio via the apply for job button below.
No agencies please.