Morgan Architects is hiring an interior designer to join its team in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Morgan Architects is an award-winning architecture and interior design practice based in Edinburgh’s historic Old Town. Our talented and creative team work on a variety of innovative and high-end workplace, residential, and hotel interior projects.
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven Interior Designer to build on their experience and grow their career whilst working closely with the director. This is a full time, permanent position, based in our Edinburgh studio, five days a week.
As a key member of the team, you will be involved at each stage of the design journey from concept to completion including:
- defining, developing, and presenting interior schemes to clients, including the preparation of mood boards and sourcing materials
- space planning and drawing packages
- producing and managing schedules, overseeing procurement of FF&E, on-site installation and styling
- building and maintaining excellent working relationships with everyone involved in the design team, both internal and external
- using your wide knowledge of interior brands and productive supplier relationships
- instilling confidence in clients through excellent professional customer service
Your qualifications, skills and experience
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated candidates with five plus years’ experience in residential, workplace and hotel design.
Applicants should have:
- an interior design degree or related qualification
- an eye for detail and a talent for sophisticated design
- advanced working knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp, as well as Excel and PowerPoint. Experience of Revit is an advantage but not essential
- proven spatial planning skills, and experience of developing drawing packages at all stages of the design process
- experience of working to UK standards and regulations
- experience of procurement, bespoke design, preparing and managing schedules, and running projects
- experience of working with budgets and tight deadlines
- excellent communication skills and the proven ability to build effective relationships
How to apply
Please send your CV and portfolio, along with your salary expectations via the apply for job button.
For more details about Morgan Architects please visit our website