Levitt Bernstein is seeking an IT support engineer to join its team in London.Levitt Bernstein is a design practice of architects, urban designers and landscape architects, is looking for an IT support engineer, to provide first and second line IT support services. You will act as the first point of contact for all IT needs, providing excellent customer service for all staff in London and Manchester.
The role is based in our London studio, with occasional travel to our Manchester studio.
The practice works on a broad range of projects across all sectors including residential, arts and public buildings, community, education, leisure projects and regeneration schemes. We create beautiful, sustainable buildings and places for people to live, work and play in. Our focus is on the needs of the end users of our buildings, listening to our clients and communities as we design.
We are a welcoming, friendly, collaborative practice with an open working culture. We foster a supportive working environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse. A good idea can come from anyone in the practice and different perspectives are valued.
- first point of contact for IT assistance across the practice
- support and deliver technical IT solutions
- ensure all tasks adhere to defined processes, company principles and industry best practice
- develop successful relationships within the Practice and with third parties
- own tasks from request until a satisfactory resolution has been met
- identify opportunities for improvements to IT services, processes and procedures
- manage the addition and removal of staff accounts and associated hardware
- provide training in software and hardware
- carry out IT inductions for new staff
- assist Head of IT and third party partners out of hours when necessary
- ad hoc duties as required
Skills and experience:
- previous IT support experience, working in a creative environment, preferably architectural. Minimum two years required
Required knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office / 365
- active directory / group policy management
- networking including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN
- storage systems and virtualisation vmWare and hyper-V and MDM device management experience
- meeting room setup and management
- knowledge of VPN technologies
- experience of imaging PC’s
- backup technologies – Veeam
- Autodesk Revit / Autocad
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- preferred knowledge of: Newforma, Union Square, Mimecast, Open Asset
- ITIL Foundation
- degree or equivalent in computer science or related field
- ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- a logical approach to problem solving and diagnostics
- attention to detail
- customer focused and approachable
If you are interested in working for a design-led organisation in a stimulating and sociable environment, please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectation for the attention of Jo Sherratt.
Levitt Bernstein is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all members of the community.