We Made That is looking for a studio coordinator to join its team in London.
Are you an energetic and deadline-driven studio coordinator with an interest in architecture, communications and graphic design?
We Made That are looking for an eager studio coordinator to join our growing team of architects, urban designers and researchers based in Bermondsey, London. You should be resourceful and committed with an attention to detail, tenacity and thoroughness in coordination and support.
Whilst you may not have experience in all aspects of this varied role, we are looking for a capable and proactive individual that is willing to learn new skills and approach tasks with enthusiasm and initiative.
This is a deadline-driven and busy support role in a collaborative environment alongside a highly motivated team of architects, urban designers, researchers and admin staff.
You will support the wider team and admin team in company marketing and communications, bidding for new work and assisting with graphic design document production on projects. Strong communication skills, an interest in graphics and meticulous attention to detail would be desired.
The role is incredibly varied, so adaptability and flexibility will be required to meet the wide spectrum of requirements. Previous experience working in an architecture practice and/ or public sector would be an advantage.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The ideal candidate will be capable of working closely with the practice leadership and wider team in a role which will include communications coordination, new business support and broader project support.
Key roles will include:
- liaising with external comms support
- providing a key point of contact for internal coordination
- creating standard and bespoke marketing materials and content
- Mailchimp, posting to LinkedIn and assisting with Instagram/social channels
- supporting publicity: awards, events, exhibitions and publications
Bids and new business coordination:
- creating and updating text and related content on projects for use in bids, marketing materials and digital communications
- interface with procurement portals, timescales, deadlines, requirements and clarifications
- coordinating inputs from internal team members and sub-consultants
- ensure staff bio templates and CVs are kept up to date
- maintain, update and refine a library of standard texts, project and practice information for bids
- producing bid submission documents (inc. PQQs, tenders and supporting admin requirements)
- manage and maintain records of all new potential projects enquiries
- scheduling weekly, quarterly and ad hoc team meetings, strategy sessions and other events, including providing coordination and support where necessary
- managing incoming phonecalls, emails and post
- greeting guests and visitors to the office
- maintaining supplies of stationery, cleaning and other office supplies and ensuring everything is in good working order
- liaising with all office suppliers, contractors and consultants
- maintaining up to date information on all office systems, policies and procedures
- assisting with setup and maintenance of hardware, software and systems
- fielding and fixing basic IT issues and liaising with external IT support
Impact and project support:
- understanding environmental and social performance aspects of our work
- assisting production of documents in relation to projects
- coordinating templates, style guides and visual quality control
- supporting events organisation, coordination and management
- support day-to-day needs of the studio along side other members of the support team
Competencies, skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of studio coordination and project support roles or office administration at a small/ medium-sized professional services business, as well as being calm, friendly, organised, commercially-aware and a good communicator.
- strong time management skills with flexibility to adapt and balance a varied workload
- excellent command of spoken and written English
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- strong prioritisation, communication and organisation skills
- excellent graphics and visual skills, with strong attention to detail
- ability to multi-task and work against tight deadlines
- relevant professional experience within an studio coordination/ administration role
- copywriting skills and the ability to communicate ideas succinctly
- degree or qualification in a relevant creative subject
- an ambition and propensity to help support a growing practice
£24,775 to £32,750 per annum (plus company benefits)
37.5 per week, but open to flexibility for the ideal candidate
On top of a competitive salary, we offer staff a wide range of benefits including hybrid working options, flexible working hours policy, pension and enhanced parental leave provision, profit share, paid professional memberships, training opportunities, cycle-to-work scheme, and an interest-free TfL season ticket loan. Our growing internal wellbeing and activities programme includes social events and field trips, as well as wider support.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and would ideally be available to start in July 2023. We Made That is London living wage accredited, an equal opportunities employer and supporter of the Mayor’s Fund for London Diversity Pledge.
How to apply:
Please submit a digital copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria. Mark the subject line with ‘Studio Coordinator’. Deadline for applications is 16 June 2023.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and we would request that you set out your pay expectations in the covering letter.
About We Made That:
We create equitable places through incisive research and impactful projects. We work exclusively for the public sector and charities and are committed to delivering public good.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers urban research, strategies and master plans, and public spaces and buildings. Together, we provide considered and thorough intelligence, shape healthy, fair and well-designed places and bring life and value to the built environment.
We are driven by making better places for all.
We Made That was established in 2006 and became a Certified B Corporation in 2021 with a new legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. We deliver projects across the UK from offices in London and Manchester.