DSDHA is hiring a practice manager to join its team in London.
The practice manager is responsible for leading the studio, maintaining good working relationships with the team and promoting a collaborative and positive working environment.
Managing the studio team, you will ensure the smooth running of the studio day to day regarding HR, office culture, finance and operations. The practice manager will also oversee the reception staff, finance support and PAs.
The practice manager will work closely with the directors and senior team to develop and deliver the studio’s strategic objectives. You will hold regular meetings with the senior management team to identify, propose and implement improvements for the studio in response to changing business needs. You will maintain good relationships with the team, encouraging creativity whilst ensuring effective and sustainable working practices and promoting opportunities for growth at all levels.
Salary is negotiable, based on experience.
- responsible for all HR-related matters, maintaining a supportive and collaborative studio culture that prioritises staff welfare. Liaise with external HR consultants and/or solicitors to obtain advice where necessary
- oversee resource management on all projects together with the senior team to ensure teams are running as effectively as possible
- coordinate and oversee holiday bookings to minimise disruption, and oversee any cover that is necessary to support team
- coordinate annual performance review and salary reviews, setting salary bands in accordance with industry benchmarking, inflation and practice performance on an annual basis
- manage the recruitment process, updating job descriptions and adverts as required, preparing offers and contractual documentation
- coordinate regular social and learning events to support a positive culture in the studio
- work alongside project leaders to assist with project management in Rapport3
- manage company insurances
- oversee and manage R&D process
- work alongside the finance manager to manage day-to-day finances including budgets
Note the Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- invoicing, payments and expenses
- liaising with external accountants – quarterly management accounts, year-end, VAT and returns
- managing payroll, company pension scheme and all staff benefits
- responsible for H&S within the office, including policy and procedures
- oversee IT strategy and collaborate with IT consultants to ensure IT provisions are fit for purpose and compliant with GDPR
- oversee business continuity plan
- oversee maintenance of all aspects of the studio premises and equipment and ensure that any issues or repairs are tended to promptly
- ensure that all equipment and necessary supplies are available and in good working order for staff and day-to-day operations
- ensure a high standard of front-of-house is maintained at all times and coordinate client feedback on an annual basis
- collaborate with senior management team to implement long-term strategic business objectives and ensure compliance with policies and relevant legislation
- collaborate with senior management team on documentation and implementation of studio policies and procedures, including Quality and Environmental Management Systems ISO 9001 and ISO14001
Skills and experience:
- a positive and engaging attitude to the practice and team management
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential; Adobe and Rapport3 are desirable
- strong communication skills both written and verbal
- excellent attention to detail
- excellent organisational skills
- ability to multi-task and prioritise
- knowledge of bookkeeping, employment regulations and H&S desirable
- ability to maintain calm, confident and professional conduct at all times
- you will be expected to uphold the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism
- more than three years in a similar role within the architectural or design-related profession is desirable