ACT has an opportunity for an architectural intern to join its team in Ballina, Ireland.
Are you looking for an internship to work in a bold, creative, young practice that aims to expand the role of architecture to meet the challenges of today?
This is your opportunity!
ACT is a newly established social enterprise of architects, designers and policy specialists who were set up to help deliver the green transition through regenerative design. Our projects aim to inspire others and demonstrate the change needed on all scales of the built and natural environment. We design buildings, urban visions and policies and digital tools. We are keen to collaborate with others who share our ambition for the future.
Currently, we are looking for talented and motivated architectural interns to join our team in Ballina on Ireland’s West Coast. The successful candidate will be fully involved in the design process and have the chance to grow while making a significant contribution to ACT’s work. The paid internship is three months with the possibility of extension after this period.
We understand the need of some people to work remotely and are happy to accommodate this for the successful candidate if desired.
The candidates are required to have:
- passion for architecture and design
- strong graphic and design talent
- positive ‘can-do’ attitude, available and willing to get the job done well
- fluency in written and spoken English
- good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team and community workshop setting
- initiative and the ability to work independently when needed
If successful, you will work primarily on architectural projects through designing, drawing, 3D modelling and rendering and making presentations.
In our workflow we use the following software programs:
- Rhino 3D
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Microsoft Office
- bonus software experience: Grasshopper, Miro
If you are interested, please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio (max 10mb) via the apply button below with the title ‘Work at ACT_APPLICANTNAME’ in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!