Cardo is seeking an architect/interior designer to join its team in Surrey, UK.
We are seeking a senior interior designer or architect with significant experience in the commercial office fit out industry. The post will begin on a contract/freelance basis for approximately six to nine months, but is likely to be extended further. The role will require some possible minor client-facing duties, but will predominantly entail working with a small team focused on creativity, detailed design and extensive furniture knowledge and awareness. Good presentation skills and the ability to research specification details, finishes and materials is also a high priority
We require the candidate to be willing to work within our office in Godalming for at least three days a week, possibly four on occasions. Free parking is available. Please do not respond to this post if you cannot fulfil this criteria
- working alongside a fellow interior designer
- take 2D space plans and build up into 3D designs (CGI’s will be produced by an external consultant)
- prepare briefing package of drawings and finishes for CGI consultant
- work up GA’s, RC’s, FF, FL’s, prepare detailed elevations and joinery drawings. All drawings will be passed over to the ArchiCAD technicians to develop further
- prepare presentations for clients to include mood images and sketches, finishes and furniture
- work up a furniture brief and finishes choices for issue to furniture dealers
- work up designs for soft furnishings such as signage, graphics, artwork, ornaments, rugs/cushions, Breakout and Teapoint accessories etc.
All the above will be completed as part of the team, which includes an architect, designer and CAD technician.
No particular qualifications required, but we are seeking a highly creative individual who understands the commercial office industry.
Sustainability knowledge and experience.
Use of presentation packages such SketchUp, Revit, In design, Adobe illustrator all highly advantageous.