GuestHouse Hotels is seeking a furniture and joinery designer to join its team in London.
GuestHouse Hotels is currently looking to work with a creative and motivated consultant/individual with an excellent understanding of joinery drafting/detailing. The job placement would particularly suit someone with previous experience in joinery/furniture design within the hospitality design field.
At GuestHouse, we say we’re a family of happy hotels, full of wonder, in Britain’s most intriguing cities because we mean it. We’re literally a family, three brothers in fact – Tristan, James and Tom – creating the kind of hotels our families and friends want to stay in – luxury, but not stuffy; different, but not show off; and above all, happy. We know that to make guests happy we need you, our teams, to be happy at work, empowered to make decisions and genuinely feeling like part of the family, not just someone doing a job.
Responsibilities of the contract:
- complete the design process from initial briefing through to a fully realised design intent joinery and furniture packages
- complete drawing, finishes and component schedules as necessary and as per the studio guidelines/format
- receive client/designers’ feedback and make amendments, as necessary
- be available and responsive to video calls as and when required throughout the workday
- liaise with suppliers to ensure correct solutions are specified
- liaise with clients/designers to determine material choices
- order material and component samples/prototypes where necessary for design director inspection
- keep the design director team informed as to design progress
- attend design workshops in person as and when required
- attend site meetings as required
Skills and attributes:
- excellent joinery and furniture design ability with a proven track record
- time management skills
- collaborative and professional attitude
- methodical, detail-orientated and organised
- excellent knowledge of fitted furniture and joinery design detailing and production
- deep knowledge of commercial hotel design is essential
- excellent knowledge of AutoCAD and ability to produce well thought-out designs in a limited timeframe is essential
- knowledge of SketchUp or similar 3D design programme essential
- good knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop essential
- good knowledge of Microsoft Office essential
- friendly and can-do attitude with the ability to work unsupervised
- able to compile queries and ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- good verbal and written English with colleagues
Start date: immediate for the right candidate
Working hours:9 am to 5.30 pm with an hour lunch break, Monday to Friday
Location: hybrid – working from home three days per week, in Putney Studio two days per week (flexible on these days)
For more information, questions or to submit your portfolio and CV, please contact us via the apply for job button below.