Assistant project manager–development
Buenos Aires, Argentina
WeWork is looking for an assistant project manager to help maintain and facilitate project processes for development of WeWork spaces. As a member of the project management team, this person will work with the development director, estimator, and development project managers to ensure consistent standards and best practices among projects. They must have a background in project management and vendor relations with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
The assistant project manager will manage relationships with vendors and consultants, and must be reliable, focused, and detail oriented. Working closely with both internal and external teams this person must be a highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner who excels under pressure.
- reports to the regional development director to ensure that standards and best practices are maintained throughout project lifecycle
- initiates project kickoff by communicating project team assignments and setting up all initial project platforms
- manages all vendor relations including, vendor vetting, contract, and payment processes
- works with estimating team and project managers to ensure budgets are approved and accurately tracked throughout the project lifespan
- facilitate internal contract and payment processes
- ensures project information is organized and accurate across all platforms
- coordinates and schedules all necessary meetings and records minutes
- works with development directors and DPM to notify teams of key project delivery milestones
- acts as main point of contact between internal WeWork departments for region
- college degree (BA/BS) in a related field
- one-two years of experience in a project management environment
- strong understanding of the construction/building process
- experience in managing project finances (POs, Invoicing, Vendor Relations, etc.)
- impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal. and written
- highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor at all times
- ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- strong interpersonal skills
Who you are:
- creative, adventurous, hungry; ready to roll your sleeves up to get work done
- passionate about collaborating and a true team player
- great at self-managing productivity
- always willing to do whatever it takes to 'get shit done'
- must be fluent in both English and Spanish - please provide your resume in
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of 'we' and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Application deadline: 17 May 2017
How to apply
Please apply online via: https://boards.greenhouse.io/wework/jobs/667623?gh_jid=667623